Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
libtard
Binge Watcher

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

Thanks Drummernaut for the quick reply. If that’s the case, then it sounds like it’s not the Xfinity app directly but more the Xfinity IP to the home?

I haven’t experienced this issue on any other widget on the home page of Roku just the Xfinity widget. Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc never have the problem.

0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

Re: Known issue with Xfinity Stream App / Roku external devices OS 11.5 Build 4312

I am not sure how my Comcast/Xfinity service can affect only a few apps on both my ROKU sticks and not affect any other internet item in my house. My Bethesda online gaming is not affected nor is my heating system or Wi-Fi calling for that matter. The problem has not happened on the BBCA app which I watch the most. At first I thought it was an ESPN problem but I also had issues with the NFL, and NBC/SYFY apps. I was watching this blog here because it seemed that the issues were identical. Because it is happening on several unrelated apps it seems more like a ROKU issue to me but I cannot be sure. I may have to take some time and watch more streaming content on separate apps to get a full picture. I do know there are allot of small popping sounds just before things go bad. I hear them much better on my Denon surround sound setup, probably because of the sound definition. I will try and listen on other apps to see if the problem is less pronounced on them when I can get more time to dedicate to the problem.

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Hello Drummernaut,

You have a different issue from what was initially reported on this thread.  The audio issue is solely in the Xfinity Stream app on Roku external devices.  

You appear to indicate you are at times experiencing choppy audio in different streaming apps on the Roku.  You mentioned a wifi Roku streamer stick. 

Issues with wi-fi signal loss can be tricky to diagnose.  My understanding is Roku has a hidden menu that can be reviewed when the audio issues occur to see if the wi-fi signal strength is good.  Beyond that, interference from 5G devices, objects in the home, wi-fi channel bleed from neighbor, etc. can lead to interference that causes these symptoms. 

Your best bet is to pursue this on a separate thread as it is a different issue. 

JimmyO

0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

Odd you would say different issue. My issue is exactly as you explained on your first post as well as the link you posted on that post. It also matches what other have posted on this thread(check the video I posted in this thread). I do not have any wi-fi issues. I would say the common thing here is ROKU. Yours just happens to be through Xfinity Stream App/ROKU. My issues started at the same time as yours. I don't see any evidence to separate the two. Also, the posts I have put up since being ask by @RokuDanny-R have included those issue ID's with timestamps from the hidden menu, which also have the same build you have posted for you external devices. I would like to hear from ROKU stating this are separate issues.

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Latest Update from the Xfinity Community forums:

‎Stream App volume fluctuations  (low to really loud) | Xfinity Community Forum

I just got 6.10 myself so will be keeping an eye out however support is indicating that engineering is still working on this problem.

From support:

"At this time, what I can share is that the investigation continues as the engineers are still trying to replicate the issue on a consistent basis. Roku is requesting that the issue and app testing be done on production versions and any instances given to them for further review to see if it is on their side or if this is something that can be done with a player version update on the Comcast side."

I told them it's not consistent at all.  sometimes it can take 2 mins, sometimes 2- even 4 hours, and no telling if it will be ear piercing or so low you can't hear at all. 

Regarding your comment that your symptoms match what I posted originally.  Everyone including me noted the problem was solely in the Xfinity Stream app at Build 6.10.  I posted the Roku OS version just to note what version of OS I was using on my devices.  It is possible Roku Engineering will find an issue in the audio support of the OS when the dust settles.  From what I can read in the latest posts on the Xfinity Community thread, Roku is working with Xfinity on this problem.  Hopefully, a resolution is in sight.  Maybe it will also correct the issues you are seeing.

JimmyO

0 Kudos
libtard
Binge Watcher

Thanks for your post. Just to be clear, is everyone in agreement that this issue only happens with the Xfinity App? I believe I saw a post from someone that has the same problem with other apps like ESPN. I personally have never experienced this issue on any other app via Roku except the Xfinity app. 

0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

The Xfinity app is one of many. You probably watch most of your stuff though that app hence all your channels on that app may be affected. Here is a link in one of my previous post in this topic of one of the issues noted: http://www.drummernaut.com/roku/20230114_232051.mp4. If you guys just want to own this topic and think the Xfinity app is the only app that can have issues and no one else should post on this topic that is fine. I will make this my last post. I am here to tell you that I have had all of the same issues on 3 of my 30+ apps, that started at the same time noted in this topic and are continuing as noted in this topic. Here is the latest time stamp for the ESPN app:

Model: 3810X-Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial Number: YH00HX083585 (21503H083585)
Software Version: 11.5.0 • build 4312-50
Device ID: 21503H083585
Timestamp: 2023-02-16T01:01:09Z
Issue ID: 85-066-301

0 Kudos
libtard
Binge Watcher

Hi Drummernaut,

Thanks for your reply, I don't believe we should have separate topics pertaining to this issue. If other apps experience this issue then clearly it isn't not limited to Xfinity. I do watch Netflix often but yet to have the issue there. 

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Hello,

I would agree with that statement.  I have no issues outside of the Xfinity Stream app.

JimmyO

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Roku is working with Xfinity engineering so there is no need to do anything at this point.  Hopefully a resolution will be found and a fix provided. 

0 Kudos