Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MShelley
Reel Rookie

Re: It's A Wonderful Life isn't the original

On RETRO REELS an app on ROKU

MShelley
Reel Rookie

RETRO REELS an app on ROKU

Nellice
Reel Rookie

Download Christmas plus. You have to sit through commercials but that doesn’t bother me. 

kswarthog

My wife and I sat down to watch this on Roku channel last night.  I immediately said that the music was not right.  I was focused on that aspect, so I missed the change of writer and music credits.  What a horrible thing to do to a classic film!  I do have a DVD version... somewhere... was not able to locate it.  Things seemed to magically get shuffled around, it seems, lol.  So Amazon had it on streaming for $5 and I bought that.  It is the original version. Copyrights aside, it is disturbing that anyone is allowed to make changes like this to classic films.  It ruins the film for people who have enjoyed it for so many years.

GabStreamer
Channel Surfer

I'm glad you found the original version. It will be on NBC tomorrow night, Christmas Eve, for anyone with Hulu Live TV or YouTube TV, or just a simple antenna. I wish Roku would remove their alternate version, or make it VERY clear that it's not the original. 

MShelley
Reel Rookie

I HAVE REPETEDLY POSTED THAT IF YOU DOWNLOAD RETRO REELS APP ONTO ROKU, THEY HAVE THE ORIGINAL VERSION.

This movie has been ruined! Leave it alone it's a classic. 

0 Kudos
QQbob125

Why in the world would someone mess with a classic movie. Our whole family gathered to watch this and we had to shut it off. Just ludicrous.

0 Kudos
ACPme

Wholeheartedly agree we have watched the original brilliant version as a family every Christmas for 45years. The Roku version is a head scratcher it is literally unwatchable. Frankly speaking it's an insult to the memory of everyone associated with the original piece of art, we don't paint over old masters!!!

The synthesizer music on this movie is awful. One of the great things about old movies is that they use real instruments played by real people. What a disservice the new sound track is to a classic movie. But, you get what you pay for and it was 100% free to watch.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.