Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
issiah53

Re: It's A Wonderful Life isn't the original

Leave it to business people to destroy a perfectly good movie and change it into a musically hideous attempt at a hallmark movie of the week. What a shame. 

0 Kudos
Crooker
Reel Rookie

I have also noticed that this fake (unwatchable) version is  the same version that Plex and PLUTOTV uses... So it's not just Roku.

Fortunately I have a blu-ray and digital copy of the movie that we have watched every year for a LONG time.

I wonder if this is a result of a copyright  infraction with the song Buffalo Gals or something. (NOTE: The answer was made clear as I read through more of this post after my reply) 

Anyway... I was glad to find this post, and I'm glad I wasn't the only person who noticed and was enraged by this version. 🙂 

Happy new year to all! 

GabStreamer
Channel Surfer

Prime Video has the original, and it's free, no commercials, if you're a Prime member. 

0 Kudos
Dean7
Channel Surfer

For everyone complaining about the music and title being changed, it's probably due to copyright laws. From what I understand, Comcast/Universal owns the broadcast rights to the film and this version is likely a way for streamers like Roku and Pluto to air it for free.

0 Kudos
redrnelly

WHAT ON EARTH HAVE YOU DONE!!! This is like being sent a lovely warm, hand knitted jumper from your Grandma only to find it's been swapped by the courier for a thin, plastic, sweaty fleece. IT IS NOT THE SAME!!! IT IS NOT THE FILM IT PURPORTS TO BE!!! Talk about wanting to ruin Christmas. Do you have any idea what this film means to people?! Get it sorted. Get it corrected back to the original. And whoever thought up AND EXECUTED the horrendous idea of fiddling with this classic should be shoved in the smallest broom cupboard in the office and forced to live on stale biscuits. FOR LIFE.

Jolyfs

It’s still not right at the end of April 2024

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jolyfs,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

Could you tell us if you're streaming this show on the Roku Channel? Could you specify what issues you're having with this show? Was it showing incorrect content? Or was it showing an incorrect title? If so, could you tell us what the correct title for this movie should be?

Kindly specify so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. We're anticipating your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jlporter013
Channel Surfer

@RokuJanadeeK Please refer to the start of this thread, not just the most recent comment. This is about an ongoing issue with the It's A Wonderful Life movie you have on a Roku channel. It is advertised as being the original Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life movie, but it has completely different music in the movie. It should not be called the original if it is not actually the correct movie. Everyone who goes to watch this movie on your channel is frustrated because they think they are getting the correct movie, but it is not correct and not the original.

0 Kudos
jlporter013
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi A year and 5 months later and this still isn't fixed, by the way. 

0 Kudos
Crooker
Reel Rookie

Don't expect this to be 'fixed'.  It won't be.  Go buy the movie on a DVD somewhere and get the original.

0 Kudos