Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thunderJ
Channel Surfer

It keeps getting worse. Now "Favorite" local channels deleted by Roku.

It started a few months ago when they changed something in the live channel guide to stop defaulting to "Favorites."  Today, my "Favorites" local antenna channels were automatically removed from my "Favorites" listing and I had to go back and "Favorite" them again.  Most companies improve the customer experience, Roku keeps making it worse.

7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: It keeps getting worse. Now "Favorite" local channels deleted by Roku.

Hi @thunderJ,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue. Please be advised that if you cannot find a channel you are looking for, try filtering the channel guide to display all channels. If you still do not see the channel, it was likely hidden by someone. Use the steps below to find and unhide it.

1. Open the Channel Options menu.
  2. Select Manage channels.
  3. Select Manage channel lineup.
  4. Move up or down the list and find the channel you are looking for. If there is a checkmark in the box, the channel is hidden.
  5. Press OK to uncheck the box.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thunderJ
Channel Surfer

Thanks but your response doesn't give an explanation for what caused the problem.  Roku did something that deleted my local antenna channels from my "Favorites" list, I had to go back and add them again to my "Favorites" list. 

RevCJK

I have had the same problem several times on two different Hisense TVs.  All of a sudden the broadcast channels are just gone from the favorites list.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @thunderJ,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that the Auto Favorites feature has been moved to the Recent Channels view. In addition, the All Channels view will no longer be ordered based on the channels in Auto Favorites.

You will be able to show or hide OTA channels and OTT streaming channels. For more information about how to do this, visit our Support page here: How do I find TV listings using the Live TV Channel Guide?

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RevCJK,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue!

We will be glad to assist you even more. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps above? If not, please try.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PaulnSC

That did not help.  Even though I favorite channels they all will not show up when I select “Favorites “.  And they are not hidden.  
Paul 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PaulnSC,

Thanks for the update!

We'd love to further investigate this issue. Can you please provide us with a photo of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                    John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos