Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaze

Issues with the installed global tv app

I’ve been watching the global tv app for months on my Roku streaming stick. Today, When I click on the show episode I now get the prompt to visit the watch global tv.com/roku/activate.so I did. It’s asking me to set up an account and input credit card details. why is this happening if it’s already installed on my Roku device?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Issues with the installed global tv app

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Shaze!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you contact the right support.

In this case, since this is an isolated case involving the Netflix and Prime apps exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. 

You may reach them here: Global TV Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.