Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caters

Hoopla keeps asking us to sign in, we don’t have the app.

My husband has been watching free movies on Roku that he has saved. All of a sudden, Hoopla has inserted itself to be the channel he watches the movies on (usually Pluto TV). We do not have, nor do we want Hoopla. How can we stop this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hoopla keeps asking us to sign in, we don’t have the app.

@Caters 

When you add movies to the Save List, often times multiple channels/apps will have the same content available.

If you try to play a movie from a channel/app that you do not have, Roku will automatically download and install it for you in order for the content to play.

If you saved a movie that it no longer available on a channel app (ie. Pluto) and only one other channel/app is carrying the content (ie. Hoopla), then Hoopla will download and open automatically.

Hoopla is a free channel/app (just need a library card and a participating library).

Are you sure you do not see Hoopla on your Home Screen? (new channels/apps are added to the end of the Home Screen).

---

If you want to prevent channels/apps from automatically installing themselves, you can login to your online dashboard at https://www.roku.com/ or https://my.roku.com/ and setup a PIN to help prevent this behavior. (it will at least alert you when it tries to install).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.