Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poala00

Is there a way to stop Roku channels from automatically loading?

I have had Roku for more than a decade and there are channels that I originally added which I no longer have interest in and in some cases are no longer functioning. I have deleted the unused channels on the Roku but I can't find a way to block them from loading when I set up a new Roku device.

Today, I just set up a new Roku and when I signed into my account all the channels that I have ever added to any Roku were automatically loaded onto the new device. It appears that they are displayed in more or less in the order that I originally added the channels. I will now need to go through all the channels and change their order and delete unused channels.

I could set up a new Roku account to get exactly the channels I want in the order I want. Nevertheless, it sure would be nice if there were a way to control the channels better in the existing account. I have searched and can't find a solution for adjusting the channels in my existing Roku account.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there a way to stop Roku channels from automatically loading?

I don't know what's happening, but they shouldn't be coming back.  Channels are tied to a Roku account, not a Roku device, so any channels added/removed from one device should be added/removed from all devices linked to the same Roku account.  When you remove a channel from a device and restart the device and/or check for updates does the channel come back?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.