Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DC123
Channel Surfer

Irritating ads on GB News

Jump to solution

Noticed that GB News has started having localized advertising this week. Thinking the ads are being inserted by Roku, and not GB News, as they come on at channel launch then go into live programming already in progress.

Quite irritating during "The Dinosaur Hour," as on the breaks GB News goes to interviews between the producer and the actor who plays the waiter. Was fine the first 3 episodes of the show, but this week, every interview segment is cut into by ads for Goodyear and Crispers... and now Sunnybrook Hospital five times in a row, and Sephora, and Sunnybrook again.

Not cool.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Irritating ads on GB News

Jump to solution

While Roku might possibly be the supplier of the ads, it's the channel developer that is actually inserting them. You need to talk with them about the way the ads are being placed and the content of the ads. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

While Roku might possibly be the supplier of the ads, it's the channel developer that is actually inserting them. You need to talk with them about the way the ads are being placed and the content of the ads. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
DC123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ah. So after a year plus of only showing promos for their other shows on ad breaks, GB News (or the app developer) suddenly decided to show targeted ads at the beginning of the stream, whether those ads are during breaks or actually replacing broadcast content, as well as over top of other non-advertising content.

Not quite buying that reasoning.

However, I emailed GB News, so I'll see if they get back to me.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.