Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inappropriate Roku Channel Ad

Jump to solution

Playing smurfs on Roku channel for my 4 year old and they aired a commercial showing monsters. Pretty sure it was a paramount plus commercial. #fcc #paramountplus #rokuchannel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Inappropriate Roku Channel Ad

Jump to solution

Hi @HoopsNBangs,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about this ad experience. We strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might disagree with. I'll forward your comments to the appropriate Roku team for review.
All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @HoopsNBangs,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about this ad experience. We strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might disagree with. I'll forward your comments to the appropriate Roku team for review.
All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

I was recently watching an episode of the 80's drama "Scarecrow and Mrs. King" with my 13 year-old daughter.   I realize that ads exist and I am willing to accept that.   Ads for laundry detergent and other basic things is fine.  But twice now, we have seen ads come up that were quite inappropriate for an otherwise family friendly show.   These ads were for both male and female pubic hair removal products, showing graphic depictions of such removal.   Give me a break, can't we do better than this?   It will make me remove the channel if this cannot be filtered.   You get $$ from us watching ads, so it is in your best interest to make sure we are willing to do so.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JDoubleDabble,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the commercial experience you had. We always aim to avoid offensive displays and content that Roku users might disagree with, and that seems inappropriate for viewing with our commercials and ads. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we'll go ahead and pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Thanks for your understanding.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeroldking

Jump to solution

We watch Roku a lot and have seen a very degrading and offensive commercial Flaming Hot Cheetos FU university REALY. Why don’t you tell everyone FU. Oh wait the Black actor already dose. What are you teaching our youth today. TAKE THIS COMMERCIAL OFF THE AIR.

0 Kudos
jeroldking

Jump to solution

We watch Roku a lot and have seen a very degrading and offensive commercial Flaming Hot Cheetos FU university REALY. Why don’t you tell everyone FU. Oh wait the Black actor already dose. What are you teaching our youth today. TAKE THIS COMMERCIAL OFF THE AIR.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jeroldking,

We appreciate you posting here in the Roku Community!

We regret learning about your negative streaming experience. We constantly strive to stay away from offensive displays and content that Roku customers might find offensive or that doesn't appear proper to watch alongside our advertisements and commercials. We are grateful that you brought this to our attention, and we will forward this to the appropriate Roku team for evaluation.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos