Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winston3338
Roku Guru

I found a change in my Onn/Roku tv. that has to do with channels.

I found a change in my Onn/Roku tv. that has to do with channels. If I want to scan for over the air channels, the set up is completely different. My TV also has a new second setting to scan for  streaming channels but when I click on it, it just goes back on another screen like it's not ready yet. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @winston3338.

We'd be more than happy to assist you with your concerns.

Mentioning you have found changes on your ONN Roku TV, could you please let us know your current OS version? You can search it under Settings > System > About. It might be possible that your TV has updated to the newest software version. Thus, the changes. 

Additionally, you have mentioned the second Setting to scan for streaming channels that go on another screen like it isn't ready yet. Would you mind providing us with a screenshot or video clip of it so we may be able to assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution? 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you with the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Hello Roku Carly, my software version is 12.5.0 * build 4177-EP. I did talk to someone at Roku Customer Service/Support and they asked for the same information and they verified that my TV has updated to the latest version. 

Now when I scan for OTA channels, the first screen is new to me and it says,..I already scanned for channels.

Then my choices are... Choose scan again to edit my choices or choose start over to clear my channel settings and channel list. 

I'm trying not to rescan because I already moved my antenna. I'm in Las Vegas, NV. so out of 130 channels available, I get 127 channels. The next screen let's me scan again or accept the new scan and those screens are new too. 

Then I get a choice to scan for streaming channels but when I click it, it just drops down and joins the same screen I'm on with no changes. If you need more info then I can scan again but I have to reset my antenna.

I'm surprised that this crazy change is only being talked about here. I'm 70 years old and I thought I'd never see anything as crazy as giving us more channels and removing the numbers from the remote. Well, I stand corrected, removing the channel numbers from the guide takes first prize. Your boss Tony should be held on a 72 hour mental evaluation for making a great product so difficult to use. John M 

To our posters... I see another thread about the channel numbers and it has over 60 replies. You all need to come together to file a class action suit over the battery killing remotes. They need to be replaced with compensation for the half dead batteries we have. I have 100 used batteries that power everything but Roku remotes. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Streaming-channels-no-longer-showing-channel-number/t... 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.