Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DougInTX
Reel Rookie

I am unable ro add Spectrum app; already have subscription

Hi,

I was able to locate the Spectrum ap. 

but it does not allow me to add the ap.

It has a gray bar; which I am unable to click on (to add the ap)

It states below that a subscription is required, which I already have.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I am unable ro add Spectrum app; already have subscription

Welcome to the Roku Community, @DougInTX!

Thanks for stopping and reaching out for support. We'd love to share further information about channel availability. 

Firstly, can you please confirm where you are currently located? A Roku device will work in any location. However, depending on each channel provider's discretion, channels may not be available on your device in that location.

For more information, you may contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DougInTX
Reel Rookie

Dallas, TX; USA

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @DougInTX.

Thanks for the quick response. 

Just to confirm, did you activate your Roku device in your current location? Also, may we know who is your internet service provider or are you connected to a VPN? If so, please be advised that it can cause playback issues or no playback at all.

Content providers continue to update their security measures to prevent unauthorized viewing, and it's possible a change was made that prevents your VPN from working. This is by design and intended, but using your standard ISP without the VPN will be the solution here.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DougInTX
Reel Rookie

Spectrum is my cable TV & Internet provider 
Ideally, I’d like to keep Spectrum as an internet provider, cancel my Cable TV, & join Hulu; which I’m having challenges finding on Roku, too

😀

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @DougInTX.

Thanks for confirming. In this case, I will send you a private message for further assistance and ask for personal details on your account. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.