Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elg413
Channel Surfer

Re: I am so upset!! Can we please bring back Third Watch??!!

Jump to solution

Rank move for sure!

bigcaat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And had they told us it was expiring, we could have gotten through the rest of the series whereas we took a break to watch The Crown. There's not one other streaming service I know of that doesn't give a healthy heads-up that something is going to be going away. Such a BS move.

elg413
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same! I watched Dahmer and now I’m just angry at myself for not getting through season 5. The end of that season is so great so I’m just annoyed. I had told my husband for years about this show and he was into it too. Irritating.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bigcaatwrote:

And most other providers will give like a month's notice before they take something off.

I can't agree that "most" do. The major ones do (Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu), but most of them don't make it easy to find. In most cases you have to find out from a 3rd party site. Netflix appears to be the only one that actually lists the information on the title's information page, from what I can find.

Netflix has a support page that explains why titles will go away. Their explanation is pretty much the same for all streaming providers.

EDIT: I found a blog maintained by Roku that has listed titles leaving in past months. Doesn't look like they've continued to do that, but perhaps with some nudging they'll start doing it again. @RokuDanny-R

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
elg413
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think everyone in here should write and Tweet Roku and maybe they’ll bring it back.

Samiamh57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same! I’m not sure what season or episode I was on. I’m thinking the fourth season. But anyway, it’s not on anymore and I am really upset!

Samiamh57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same! I believe I was in season four. And now it’s gone. I don’t understand how this works, people are watching seasons, and Roku takes them off.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Samiamh57see the link I posted to a Netflix article above about why titles are removed. It's going to be very similar with Roku. Bottom line, when their contract with the content owner expires, they have to remove the title from availability. They cannot continue streaming it without permission of the content owner, who may not want it to continue for their own business reasons.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Ncpd25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Use the Contact link on their web page. It may get routed to the powers that be but, in the grand scheme of things, if nobody was able to release seasons 3-6 due to legalities (I understand an Asian country reproduced those seasons without getting the rights for the music and everything got all messed up. I guess they can make flied lice but have no idea what they're doing when it comes to placing TV series on DVD).

How long have we've been sitting around hoping and praying we could watch the best, most realistic police drama ever but every entity sits around with their thumbs up their ass?

NBC relies on viewers to watch their shows.

So, Third Watch comes along with a huge following earning NBC and others oodles of money.

Then, the show ends (OK, nothing lasts forever). We get 2 seasons on DVD and then things grind to a halt.

All these companies/ people that relied on the fans to fill their deep pockets with a **bleep** metric ton of money, then turn their backs on the fans.

Clearly, they could care less about the fans. The people who make them rich. As far as Roku is concerned, they're just a basement run operation that couldn't find water if they fell out of a **bleep**ing boat.

But maybe, just maybe, they'll act on numerous responses?

rljones

Jump to solution

Ridiculous!!!! How hard is is to let subscribers now that a show is about to expire!!! I was literally THREE episodes from the end! DO BETTER ROKU!!!!!