Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ncpd25
Reel Rookie

Re: I am so upset!! Can we please bring back Third Watch??!!

Jump to solution

Go to the contact page and voice your disappointment and and shear disapproval of Roku's **bleep** decision to remove Third Watch.

EVERYONE needs to let them know how we feel. I've already messaged the half-wits of their pinhead decision.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ncpd25You haven't read the comments. When Roku (and other providers like Netflix) license content for streaming, it always comes with an end date. They are not permitted to stream them indefinitely. The content owners might not even permit a time extension, even if Roku requested to continue. When the contract ends, they are forced to stop streaming the content. The only way they can stream something "forever" is if they own the content. You will find the same thing happens with Netflix, Prime Video, and others. They can only stream for as long as the contract allows.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
GigiChic

Jump to solution

AGREE, AGREE, AGREE!!!

GigiChic

Jump to solution

I did!

tweedykath

Jump to solution

please bring it back

Fireman394

Jump to solution

I was so happy to finally be able to watch all 6 seasons and now it’s GONE! Very disappointed since it’s such a great show. I was half way through season 4 where can you watch the rest of the series?

elg413
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I literally waited years to watch this again and almost made it through season 5. Please bring back!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I just did a search for streaming options for this show, and it appears that Apple TV and Google TV and Movies both offer it (not for free, of course). However, they both only offer two seasons. Prime Video offers three seasons. This tells me the content owners aren't willing to make the entire series available to stream.

Probably nothing Roku can do to get it back for the time being. When content owners do this, they generally want to make it unavailable for a period of time, then they can try to get a higher price when they decide to offer it again.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
elg413
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, it’s extremely frustrating because they have only had the first 2 seasons available for years so I was so excited when I finally found it on Roku. My favorite seasons were 4-6 so this is so irritating. It’s always seemed like you can find every other show on the planet except Third Watch 🤬😪

LMWBXR

Jump to solution

Same here! I don't care about who's contract or whatever the "community expert" is saying - many of us are part way through watching the series. A heads-up would have been nice. This show is hard to find on DVD due to some kind of music copyright thing. #IReadTheComments lol