Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU reverts to Home Screen near top of the hour. How do I fix this?

Jump to solution

Hi! @DebBri,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jrmint
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen when watching FOX News

Jump to solution

Oddly enough, I have a Sony TV with GoogleTV and it doesn't have the same issue with this specific channel (e.g., FoxTV) on the Hulu app.  So, I don't know if it's poor app coding, malicious cycling between some combination of parties (borrowing from other threads on this topic), or some summer solstice issue where the stars and planets are conflicting against my chakras. Either way, it is too weird to be a coincidence.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users, 

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

We wanted to let you know that we are continuing to investigate your reported issue and hope to provide you with a more detailed update when additional information is available. 

Thanks for your continued patience.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gsroot
Channel Surfer

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. I don't think it's a Roku issue. This morning I canceled my Hulu subscription and switched to YouTube TV, and Fox News has been on uninterrupted (no hourly crashes) for the past 6 hours.

gwigington
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu Live going back to home screen.

Jump to solution

Before providing a solution Disney (Hulu) has to want to provide a solution. I don’t see that happening anytime soon. I’ve moved on to Sling. Not a perfect alternative but it’s also half the price of Hulu and Fox News runs just fine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gsroot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This morning I canceled my Hulu subscription and switched to YouTube TV. No more problem. 

thost19
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Just cancelled Hulu. Have been a subscriber for years. Tired of the lousy customer support and technical glitches. Going to try YouTube TV

Hdrpep

Jump to solution

Been having same issue primarily on Fox News drops to Home Screen shortly after the hour.  Have no problems on my LG tv very poor service!

0 Kudos
MARC-FL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This has being going on for a MONTH now. Hulu is grossly negligent in not fixing it. Hulu closes to the main menu of Roku at EXACTLY 3 minutes past EVERY hour. If it's not fixed soon, I will be cancelling my service and moving to YouTube TV. Get your Act Together Hulu! This is absurd.

MikeSD
Reel Rookie

Re: attn: NomadVagabond - Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Lol

anyone ever try contacting Hulu? It’s nearly impossible. At least I have had no way of contacting them in person. I’ve tried a sort of message contact, but never have I gotten any reply or feedback.  Their app is riddled with annoying bugs.  

0 Kudos