Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Menotu
Reel Rookie

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

I have a solution. Get a new streaming system and service.  That’s what I’m going to do. Goodbye to Roku and Hulu. Not so long, or see you later, but goodbye.

John_61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

John

I will play along...

+++++++++++++++

Model: 3810X

SW version: 12.0.0 4184.50 - Updated 5/20/2023 ( Hmmm - about the same time we noticed the issue!)

Steps to reproduce: Watch Fox News on Hulu using a Roku stick at the top of the hour. Fails on the 3 tv's we have that use a Roku stick - Android tablet using the Hulu app has no issues. No other channels have this issue.

Tracker ID: 02-244-981  (2023-06-20T3:01:33Z)

+++++++++++++++

Please have a developer test - it is easy to reproduce and keep your customers updated. Getting very frustrated.

Thanks

mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Seems to me HULU needs to fix this. ROKU does not write the ROKU HULU app, HULU does. So, posting here is pretty much a waste of time.

John_61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am posting to both.

It is not clear where the issue is. It only seems to impact 1 channel using Hulu with the Roku stick. Seems to have started after the last update of the Roku app. Maybe a coincidence?

I did not install any applications on my Roku stick. The Hulu app is included with the Roku device, I assume it is managed by them and/or co-managed with Hulu. I only get updates to the Roku app so only guessing how the support model works. I pay Roku for the service that includes the Hulu app, so it seems logical that they are the first line of contact for any issues with the service.

If you have more info on this I am open to listen/read more.  I just want this fixed.

mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well, my $.02 this is why when I subscribe to any streaming service, I do it with them directly. Otherwise you are putting a 3rd party in the mix and then all the involved companies point fingers at each other. If you are subscribed directly, only one company to blame.

bluesingincat
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Are you watching CBS live on Hulu using the Roku stick?

vicv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did it at 6:00 am this moring intstead of 6:02. SEems to me it's a Roku issue, and if I had their job I'll bet I could fix it in less than an hour. something changed in the last two weeks. Go back and see if any updates to the software happened in the last two weeks, then look at the values now verses say, three weeks ago. Then run a test using the software set before the last update, and see if it does it. If it dosen't, it's on your (Roku) end. If not, then go to Fox first and see if they changed anything. You may then go to Hulu, but Hulu works fine on a pc/chromebook, ect.

Feel free to have your tech people contact me ( you have my email), I can walk them through this.

wb3ekb

Hulu Live going back to home screen.

Jump to solution

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?  I'm about to quit Hulu for another provider because of this problem

0 Kudos
Gsroot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the identical issue at the exact time, 2 to 3 minutes after each hour. I opened a case, but no response from Hulu to this point.

LindaKure
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This morning my Roku TV closed my Hulu app at 8:03 est.  I've switched TV's to my android tv.  At 9:03 est, on my Roku app, it shut down, again.  I will now use my Hulu app directly on my tv, avoiding the Roku platform.  I disconnected the Roku from my tv - well, a surprise to no one, my show is still playing.  I think clearly it's a Roku issue, not Hulu.