Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jro147

How to watch Jeopardy (or any game shows) on Roku

How can I watch Jeopardy on the Roku?  Everytime I search it shows me Pluto TV which is not the current season.  It seems like a simple question, I want to watch the latest episode being shown on the cable channels for ABC or NBC at 7pm and every search for answers returns the last season and calls that live.  How are shows that were shown last year considered live?  If I had cable tv and turned on the local affiliate at 7pm tonight I could watch it but there seems to be no way of watching it on Roku.  I tried the ABC, NBC, game show, Pluto, Philo, Sling options and nothing shows the latest and greatest.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: How to watch Jeopardy (or any game shows) on Roku

I would think that Hulu Live TV or YouTube TV would be able to do that.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jeopardy is a syndicated broadcast TV series. Individual TV stations buy the rights to air it. About the only way to get "new" shows is to have access to the broadcast channel. That may mean through an antenna (free), or through a Live TV streaming service.

With an antenna, you can watch it live, but may need a separate DVR if you want to record and watch later.

Most streaming services have DVR features. The cheapest may be Sling Blue, which typically includes local Fox, ABC, and NBC stations. It's $45/month ($22.50 first month trial.) You can see if they do carry your local stations:

https://www.sling.com/#services 

andyross
Roku Guru

I should add that for national network game shows that air in prime time, they may be available next-day on their respective streaming services:

CBS = Paramount+

NBC = Peacock

ABC/Fox = Hulu

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.