Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to turn off Continue Watching section?

We appreciate the follow-up, @Ezrway.

No worries, we have collected all this data and forwarded it to the appropriate Roku team for further review and investigation.

Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated for the time being.

Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
keithx13
Streaming Star

Almost 5 months after this thread was started, Continue Watching finally disappeared from my home screen yesterday.  Yay!  Interestingly, there isn’t an option to show or hide Continue Watching, so my guess is that it is included in What to Watch (which I have hidden).  At any rate, I appreciate that Roku has finally fixed this issue for those of us that did not want the feature in the first place.

0 Kudos
OldDuff
Reel Rookie

Not only is it still there for me (even after I did a manual update and system restart), it is showing content for a channel I've never had. This proves they've been lying the whole time. Content providers pay to have their stuff front and center. I don't blame Roku for trying to find new revenue streams, but not to the point of alienating long-time customers. 

AloyHZD
Reel Rookie

Yep, same here. I hate it, and clearly the bigwigs at Roku couldn’t care less. I bought myself a laptop yesterday so I can finally stop using Roku for streaming. I don’t need Roku apps when i can just log in online to watch all those channels directly. I’ll only use Roku now for the screensavers.

jimsz
Streaming Star

I don't blame Roku for trying to find new revenue streams, but not to the point of alienating long-time customers.

You have to realize, we are not the customers any longer. WE are the product Roku is selling to broadcasters.

Ezrway
Binge Watcher

For awhile now a bunch of us have been asking for changes to the Roku interface. I wanted the change, but it also felt good to be a part of this very persistent group. We wanted the privacy of having the option to hide "Continue Watching."

While I was waiting, (hoping), for that to happen, all of a sudden the apps icons on my Home Screen shrank to 1/2 their size.

It was a pleasant surprise when I recently turned on the TV, switched over to Roku and "Continue Watching" was gone! I went to Settings and saw there were show and hide options for it. There were also options for Large and Small icons too!

Thank you Roku, and great job to everyone that "voiced" their preferences.

@Ezrway

Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

I just checked mine and it works. Of course it would be better to completely disable it but the option to hide is definitely a good thing. Nice!👍 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.