Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dorkydicken
Streaming Star

How to hide or show shortcuts on Roku home screen

What about for shortcuts you don't use? I don't want a bunch of ugly square cluttering up my home screen. I most certainly don't need a bluetooth square icon on my home screen, some of these are unneeded and uncalled-for and redundantly stupid shortcuts. Furthermore the most stupidly retarded thing is if you click remove then it uninstalls it, those are two entirely different options and words.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to HIDE channels on Roku screen

Hello! @dorkydicken,

Thanks for the post,

We're pleased to assist you with hiding shortcuts on your home screen.

Use the instructions below to hide or show tile shortcuts in your channel grid.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Home screen
  4. Select Shortcuts
  5. Scroll to the desired shortcut
  6. Press OK on your remote to hide (unchecked) or show (checked) the shortcut

To hide or move shortcuts, you can press Star * on your Roku remote when a shortcut is highlighted in the channel grid on your Home screen. 

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dorkydicken
Streaming Star

You know as well as I do that's not an accurate description or tutorial.

Only certain options show up on the * key menu for instance number one prime suspect "Bluetooth" shortcut hitting the Asterix key only shows 3 options / Move Channel / Check for Updates / Close

I am trying to clean out the useless clutter in the Apps & Inputs shortcut section, to be more specific.

So now tell me again how to remove bluetooth from there, cause it only just randomly appeared in the Apps and Inputs section last week.

Furthermore how bout a more advanced Apps and Inputs section?

Why must I have every single app installed on one Roku device show up on every single other Roku device I have? This is overwhelmingly frustrating and you the company are taking over the control of my account and device, by this mandatory nonsense.

dorkydicken
Streaming Star

Oh okay, so now you've got nothing at all for me and no solution to this issue.

Which is sadly what I thought.

dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

Thanks, https://community.roku.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/669876

That advice was useless. And you knew it was useless, and that makes you evil.

DataLife
Reel Rookie

He asks about channels and you show him about shortcuts.

I want to hide apps on the Home Screen.

I don't want every app on every roku device.

0 Kudos
dorkydicken
Streaming Star

LMAO That's why I never did respond these guys are as bad as zendesk 

0 Kudos
dorkydicken
Streaming Star

So apparently to remove Bluetooth I had to go and link a phone to my Roku then get the remote app and remove it that way. 

Also if You use the Roku live TV shortcut and you have any subscriptions through it. The only  way to remove those shortcuts is to remove the Roku live TV shortcut, Even then if you go back and reopen the app it's going to add every single one of those shortcuts again whether or not you're subscribed to them anymore or not which kind of stupid and redundant. 

0 Kudos