Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snoopy846
Reel Rookie

Re: Where's Peacock?

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser wrote:
You'll either buy a relatively cheap new Roku at $30-50 or you wont; you'll either become a Peacock user or you wont - all your individual "outrage" and posturing is otherwise meaningless to a company worth $35 billion (as a subsidiary of another worth $200 billion), though perhaps endemic in the Era of Perpetual Outrage.

Thanks for the lecture. I didn't realize we weren't allowed to criticize wealthy corporations here; I appreciate you clearing that up.

I also didn't know that we were living in the "Era of Perpetual Outrage," but I guess that explains why you're so enraged about my little post.

Next time I feel like complaining, or expressing an opinion about anything, I'll be sure to get your permission first. Thanks again! Smiley Wink

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Need upgraded Roku stick to access Peacock tv?

Jump to solution

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock

Roku:
Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later) 
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

0 Kudos
JRMeinema
Reel Rookie

Re: peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

I'm so disappointed that my devices don't support the Peacock app! Not sure it's worth it to buy a new device for one channel.

0 Kudos
Cmunoz

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have an express plus device and i added peacock through my app and it added but not showing app on my tv. I also tried looking for it on my tv channel store but does not show up.

0 Kudos
dcificare

Jump to solution

Same problem!

0 Kudos
CJred
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I asked the same question on Twitter and apparently you have to buy a new roku model to get peacock channel. I guess this is how they try to sell more units. Not falling for this and not going to buy something just for one app. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

See the list of Roku devices supported by Peacock, already posted.  Note you need to know your model NUMBER, not just model name, as Roku tends to reuse model names.  Find your model number via Settings > System > About

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Kmags
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks - figured out my Roku stick model number is not one that supports the channel... so that definitely explains the issue! 

0 Kudos
dtshifter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can get it on my Ultra but not my Roku Express.

dtshifter of PA
0 Kudos
KordKutter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@dtshifter wrote:

I can get it on my Ultra but not my Roku Express.

I would double check that, because it's working fine on my Express...

0 Kudos