Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macku
Reel Rookie

Re: Where's Peacock?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express and Peacock TV is not listed in the New and Notable menu, nor in any other? Why not?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Macku
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I have a 3700X Express model, and so now I have to purchase a new Roku just to get PeacockTV??!!

What is the reason for this?

edoug
Reel Rookie

Re: peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

Yeah, that is what happened in my case. When I learned that fact, I replied. Somehow there was an error. No dirty or threatening words. Just what my future streaming devices will or WON'T be.

My response is to andyross and C_I. My Roku Express+ is too old.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Macku wrote:

So I have a 3700X Express model, and so now I have to purchase a new Roku just to get PeacockTV??!!

What is the reason for this?

Peacock chose to write their Roku app to take advantage of capabilities added to later Roku models.  Any complaint in this regard should be directed to NBC.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
snoopy846
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:

Peacock chose to write their Roku app to take advantage of capabilities added to later Roku models.  Any complaint in this regard should be directed to NBC.

Nah, I'm going to complain right herenot that it will matter. I seriously doubt that NBC is concerned about losing any potential subscribers over this issue.

It's outrageous that NBC expects people to buy a new Roku just to get this one channel. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, etc., all work perfectly on my Express. It isn't that old.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@snoopy846 wrote:

@makaiguy wrote:

Nah, I'm going to complain right herenot that it will matter. I seriously doubt that NBC is concerned about losing any potential subscribers over this issue.

It's outrageous that NBC expects people to buy a new Roku just to get this one channel. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, etc., all work perfectly on my Express. It isn't that old.

It surely won't matter since NBC won't be spending time reading the posts of some other company's community support boards for insight into their potential userbase...

That being said, NBC doesnt expect you to do anything - they coded their new app for their new service for a certain level of device processing speed/functionality and moved on.

All the other companies you mentioned have had streaming services and apps for years:  they coded apps years ago that worked for your hardware when it was new (but now its old/slow/less capable relative to more recent models) and decided to continue to support (for now) because the code already exists (sunk development cost).

In the computing/IT market/world/industry, any hardware (and sometimes software) older than 2-3 years either gets reduced functionality or often loses support entirely in newer OS/app versions (as has ever been the case:  hardware/software develops and changes quickly) - and Rokus are special purpose computers.

You'll either buy a relatively cheap new Roku at $30-50 or you wont; you'll either become a Peacock user or you wont - all your individual "outrage" and posturing is otherwise meaningless to a company worth $35 billion (as a subsidiary of another worth $200 billion), though perhaps endemic in the Era of Perpetual Outrage.

0 Kudos
streamer4

Jump to solution

In the same boat here (restarted the Roku, but not showing up in search or new and notable. It appears that the 3700X model isn't compatible with Peacock.

It's disappointing, but honestly, not the worst thing in the world. At least for me, there's not much on Peacock just yet to consider upgrading to a new roku.

Over time, if they add more content, I'll consider it, but probably going to pass on it for now. 

Dadgoneit

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. I only have Peacock preview

0 Kudos
Dadgoneit

Jump to solution

Your last paragraph says it all. Thank you, question answered for me

0 Kudos
Hamed

Jump to solution

I have a Ruko Express 3900X (that is what I see on the Settings of my set), but still dont see peacock tv on the new and notable. When I search for it, I find it, but when I try to ass the channel, it says it could not add. I have updated my system. Anyone has any idea?

0 Kudos