Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlong47153

YouTube won’t launch on Roku

Jump to solution

@Archetypist wrote:

Uninstall Youtube app. 

Unplug Roku. Wait a few seconds. Plug it back in.

Reinstall Roku app.

I removed YouTube app, unplug Roku, wait a full minute, plug back in, reInstall YouTube, Roku stubbornly won’t launch. 

I did it twice. No success. 

I gave up. It is Roku or Google’s glitch? 

thank you so much for your further advice. 

Best,  

0 Kudos
michmich16

Re: YouTube won’t launch on Roku

Jump to solution

Same thing here… hope someone can let us know what’s going on.  It was working fine this entire afternoon but all of sudden it is not launching tonight anymore. 

0 Kudos
Hollis

Jump to solution

Youtube has worked fine for years but stopped working this afternoon. I've tried every fix in this thread to no luck. All other channels work fine. Youtube starts loading and then crashes back to the home screen.

Roku express 3700x 

Software version 10.0.0

Build 4209-28

michmich16

Jump to solution

Mine does the same thing. Crashes back to the Home Screen 

earthpunk

Jump to solution

Same here.

I've tried many variations of resetting and installing and uninstalling and even a factory reset but YouTube starts loading and then crashes back to the home screen.  Preceding the problem today, I left the YouTube app up and paused, which I don't think I ever did before (I normally return to the home screen when I am not going to continue watching immediately); hours later when I tried to resume watching the home screen was displayed (not YouTube like I was expecting) and when I tried to re-enter YouTube it crashed back to the home screen for the first time); leaving YouTube up may not be related to the problem but just in case I thought I'd mention it.

grsach
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue.  I try to log in, and it kicks me back to the home screen.  I have tried most of the steps from the previous page, but none worked.  The only one I haven't tried yet I am putting off till tomorrow.  It's too close to bedtime to blow my top again.

0 Kudos
ejones

Roku YouTube App Not Working 9-21-21

Jump to solution

Please help troubleshoot this issue. The same issue that had occurred with YouTube not launching in Roku back in June 2021 is the same exact issue happening now in Sept. 2021. Thank you.

sfyakan

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

I have tried ALL the suggestions in this forum and NOTHING HAS WORKED.  I cannot load YouTube.  YouTube is mostly what I use Roku for.  If I can't get YouTube to work with my Roku, I will look for alternatives.  Signed, frustrated Roku customer.

Dasme2004
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

I have tried all the suggestions here—updating the system, turning the device off, removing and reinstalling YouTube and YouTube still will not load.  Two days ago it was working fine.  Please help!

Holtdcw

Re: Roku YouTube App Not Working 9-21-21

Jump to solution

Same problem please bump this up, I've tried system update, I've tried network reset, I even did a factory reset. STILL NOT WORKING, select YouTube screen loads then it goes back to home every time