Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix the Sling app not letting me enter my password

Jump to solution

@cyberlawgirl When you opened the sling channel were you inside the Roku channel or using the sling app from the home page of your Roku device?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi! Thanks so much for replying to this issue. I was using the Sling app from the home page of the Roku device.

0 Kudos
MilesChick

Jump to solution

Having the same issue… no option for signing in through the Sling app on the Roku.  Sounds like I need to do it through the “Roku Channel”… how do I do that??

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cyberlawgirl

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MilesChick

Thanks for the post.

How are you subscribed to the Sling channel? Did you subscribe directly to the channel or did you subscribe through Roku Pay?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lafferty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having this same problem trying to sign in to my Crunchyroll account using the Roku Express 4K.  I ONLY and SPECIFICALLY BOUGHT this device to watch Crunchyroll.  The sales person guaranteed it would work.  And even the instructions say "If you need more help contact SUPPORT.ROKU.COM.  But you DO NOT offer any support for this device except this forum.  Now how the heck am I supposed to set up thus device to watch Crunchyroll when I have to depend on some future response from the forum.  That's RIDICULOUS.  Now I have to return thus purchase because Roku dosent offer support. You dont even offer a chat or send an email to tech department?    

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lafferty

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on Crunchyroll or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Crunchyroll and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jmwright

Jump to solution

you keep saying this but the problem is with ROKU not with Sling. Sling works fine everywhere but on your service. FIX THIS!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jmwright,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time in posting and we would be more than happy to look further into this issue with Sling TV but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos