Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrinceLH
Streaming Star

How to fix black screen and no sound on live tv.

Same issues as above.  Factory reset 4 devices with no luck.  Two are standalone Roku TV's while two others are sticks.  Been working with Roku tech support but no luck.  Seeing the one about power issues, I tried one of the two, directly into the wall socket.  No deal.  Not sure what to do next.  It's very annoying.  It's weird that all of my streaming services that I pay for or get free work fine.  Just not the Roku channel.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix black screen and no sound on live tv.

Hi @PrinceLH,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've experienced this kind of issue, and we'd like to gather more details for us to look into this. Kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on The Roku Channell? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Your response would be much appreciated, as the details you provide will be forwarded to our appropriate Roku team for this issue to be addressed.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PrinceLH
Streaming Star

I did so and forwarded the information to Roku tech support.  Waiting for their recommendations.  All 4 units have been factory reset, all zip codes are in line.  The router and modem were reset and tests done to make sure they were optimal.  It appears to be a software glitch because all of my other apps work fine.  My mobile phone app is having the same issues.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @lastreaction122

A warm greetings here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate your post, and we'd like to know more about the issue you've encountered. Could you please tell us more about the specific behavior that the issue exhibits? Also, what Roku device are you having issues with? Further, what steps have you taken in an attempt o resolve the issue?

With more details, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos