Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David467-

Re: Roku Keeps Switching to Netflix Channel

Jump to solution

Same issue, while watching Hulu or any other channel. Still switches to Netflix even if the batteries are out of the remote..

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same i have my ps4 on and it keep going to an channel i dont have ever 5 or 10 min i have been notice it

0 Kudos
ddbllr

Jump to solution

Yes. We have tcl- same issue. Took batteries out of remote and it still switched to Netflix randomly. So weird and annoying. Following this thread for a solution. Have also reset tv through system menu - still does this. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

@ddbllr 

Thanks for the post.

This would appear to be a remote issue. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ImaginaryAce
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I have a Sony TV 3+ years old.  I didn't have this issue until I recently updated to a new Roku ultra.  What is even stranger is that it will change to Netflix and our son's profile.  We don't watch Netflix with our kids profile on that TV.  I've also verified our son was not attempting to use his Roku (thinking the remotes signal was the cause) at times when this has happened.  Since its a random event I can't take the batteries out of the Roku remote and see if it happens to know if it was the remote.  We use the Roku too much and wouldn't know if the event just hadn't happened.  Another interesting fact is that the TV has never turned on during the night while we are sleeping.  It has done it when we aren't in the room (wife returns from doing something and the TV is on sitting on Netflix main screen, profile unchanged).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ImaginaryAce 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blueskee1

Jump to solution

Danny

We are having this same problem with our TCL smart TV with Roku. We will be watching satellite tv and it just randomly switches to Netflix. If you found an answer to resolve this issue please be sure to post it as this is an annoying problem that seems to be affecting others as well. 

0 Kudos
mannymtz

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Same issue here. Our Hisense Roku TV and remote are straight out of the box and the Netflix app randomly starts while watching HBO Max... 

I don’t believe it’s a “sticky Netflix button” issue.

-Manny

ImaginaryAce
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

For my specific issue I finally have an answer.  My son is pushing the "cast" button on his Ipad.  It had nothing to do with the Roku, remote or TV and everything to do with casting.  My son has low vision and hits the wrong icon when trying to perform a search.

0 Kudos
Deri

Re: Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

I just bought a Hisense Roku and its doing that. So annoying!  

0 Kudos