Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Mine doesn't have the ability to remove it. And they said since I went to the Roku that they couldn't give me a partial refund because I had so many problems in the beginning that I would have to go through you guys to give me an extra free week. I feel like you guys are pushing it back on each other. Attached to the screenshot I have no way of removing it, because that's the instructions Discovery told me remove it and reinstall it. Move doesn't work that just moves it around the screen to where I want to keep it in my list. They don't give me the option to remove it and reinstall it. You guys are just passing the buck back and forth on each other and the consumer is getting upset.

20210207_113030.jpg

0 Kudos
Maxcell99
Reel Rookie

UPDATE!! Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Now that the update to the app is live, and it has updated on my Roku ( I even made sure by removing the app then re-installing it to be sure I had the latest version )  

I am happy to let you all know, that absolutely nothing has changed.  Same pausing, same frequency, same loss of content when it starts back up.  

so, yeah.

cegeorge68
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE!! Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

I got fed up with all the glitches and cancelled my subscription. It just wasn't worth all the frustration. 

kjwpurple
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've seen comments to the effect that this app is not removable, but it is on mine, so I don't understand that. I cancelled my membership due to the pausing and their lack of fixing it.  Not worth it, lots of other tv out there anyway.  Bye Discover +

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Here's a picture there's no way to remove it I can move it around the screen but I can't remove it from my Roku20210207_113030.jpg

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. Am on the free trial of the D+ version with ads. Have reset the modem and router and restarted the Roku stick. Only happens on D+, not other services. Have the current version of the D+ app. If the issue can't be fixed, will be canceling our subscription.

AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I did manage to delete it awhile back, but had to google how - streaming channel with subscription even in the 7 day free trial version, so you gave to cancel your subscription first. According to Discovery+, it doesn’t mess up your subscription. That part I don’t know about, because I had the free trial then. It didn’t solve my problem though.

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE!! Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

I did that too- deleted it first - same result. Just wasn’t quite as extreme. But it still took forever trying to watch one show. 

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Google it, or look in Roku help. Have to cancel subscription first, then you can delete it. I tried that before this latest update though, & it didn’t work

0 Kudos
cegeorge68
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same problem.  I had to sign on to my Roku account through my computer and cancel the subscription from there.  I couldn't do it through the Roku device or app on my phone.