Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

That's silly because the directions they gave me so that it would work better was to delete the app and reinstall it. Yeah I have the seven days free too I'm beyond that now but they should give us all an extra week or two

AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I think they should give us extra time too. It’s possible they would if we ask- going by one of my emails. I was too frustrated with it to ask, & stopped my subscription before I had to pay. But then I read some people had better luck after this update, & signed up instead of waiting for next paycheck - should have waited. I understand why they gave that as a step for trouble-shooting, because I used to do trouble-shooting on computers, a long time ago. It’s worth trying... just in case... and it gives them more info. 

0 Kudos
Hlg

Jump to solution

Just signed up for the free trial and won't be a paying customer going forward. The app seems painfully slow and clunky. Tried several programs and each one will play up to a commercial break. Then,  after the break, the program goes back to the beginning. Ugh. Not worth it to keep Discovery plus. 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don't have that problem cuz I chose the $7 with no commercials. It's worth two extra bucks for me not to see any commercials so I have not experienced that. You should have went with the no commercials for the 7-Day free you could always canceled.

0 Kudos
Hollik71

Jump to solution

I have roku in the bedroom and fire stick in my livingroom. And not once has it paused and go back a few scenes on my fire stick.... I'm getting so annoyed with this app on my roku.... if it's not fixed I will be going to purchase the fire stick and replace both roku's I have.

0 Kudos
Tsyl74

Jump to solution

Yes and it's awful. It's also the only ROKU app having this issue. I have gigabyte speed internet so it's not that. So the only answer is Discovery needs to fix their server.

0 Kudos
Cat1371
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Most of us experiencing this issue have ad free. Its been almost a month for me and nothing has changed. Between Roku and Discovery neither seem in a rush yo help

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Mine has gotten a little better but I looked on my card yesterday and they charged me the $7 which I'm pretty upset about because they should have given me a month free for the trouble I've been through

Cat1371
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My next payment is on the 8th so I'm already a month in and nothing has changed. Discovery is in no rush to fix the problem because they have strategically moved shows that they know people watch to Discovery plus only. So unless you want to watch reruns of your favorite shows we will have to deal with it. Sad

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Discovery+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos