Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaredKFan
Channel Surfer

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

I don't know, but I do know they're working on it.  However it seems like they're not putting 100 percent effort into fixing the issue or listening.

heckwt

Jump to solution

Mine was pausing until last night, Roku had a update for the app.  Now it freezes until you reboot the Roku.  Then you can watch for a few minutes then have to reboot again.  Exiting the app and entering does not work!

0 Kudos
LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yeah, the listening is definitely missing...you can’t put a 100% into fixing anything without listening. 
Nail on head. 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling? Mine seems to be working fine now except it tends to not progress to the next episode of a series it pushes still pushes me out of the program. If I do pause it to do something and then come back and restart it it does have a few second lag but then it doesn't pause for me again unless I do it manually. By the way Discovery told me to clear the cache but Roku told me it doesn't have a cache so I don't know what's true or not but pushing home five times and then doing the other things to jump through the hoops only took me around the home screen of Roku.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Imemine wrote:

Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling? Mine seems to be working fine now except it tends to not progress to the next episode of a series it pushes still pushes me out of the program. If I do pause it to do something and then come back and restart it it does have a few second lag but then it doesn't pause for me again unless I do it manually. By the way Discovery told me to clear the cache but Roku told me it doesn't have a cache so I don't know what's true or not but pushing home five times and then doing the other things to jump through the hoops only took me around the home screen of Roku.

There is a cache (several really), but the relevant one as it pertains to applications and their settings after being uninstalled only gets cleared on a restart (no special "secret screen" code sequence required), just Settings/System/System restart.

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I tried removing & reinstalling after I got email that there was an update. Today I got email asking for an update. Still having trouble. I don’t know how anyone gets it to actually stay paused when you want to - I still can’t. However, I didn’t even try to pause til after I had trouble. Can watch for about 8 min, then it skips backwards. Did that twice, & I just shut it off. That’s with 1.2.2

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

When I push the asterisk and that little box comes up I don't have a choice to remove the app it's just not there. I've told them that too I don't know what else to do except continue to complain to Discovery Plus

0 Kudos
LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same here. I can rate it, move it, manage my subscription, check for updates, give them feedback, or close…there is no option to delete the app. 

AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I know you can’t delete it that way - with the asterisk- because I tried. Finally I googled, & with streaming services on Roku, you have to cancel your subscription too. I don’t recall how I did it, & I just had the free trial version then, but I remember that I had to select a subscription version for when the free trial version ended. So when I cancelled that, there was an option to remove the app. Removing it didn’t help me though. Did that twice - 2nd time after the latest update, just in case it helped.

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I found out you have to cancel your subscription first, to be able to delete it. The Discover plus people told me it wouldn’t affect subscription- but at that time, I only had the free trial version. Deleting it didn’t help me either time though. Google how to delete Streaming channel on Roku

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.