Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxcell99
Reel Rookie

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

no, the pauses are not commercial breaks because those still happen.  And the pauses are often mid sentence

MarioG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Only app with the pausing problem is Discovery Plus.  Not happy!

AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I was wondering too about where commercials go, causing the problem. But I still had commercials- and even if they changed where they put commercials, it often happened in the middle of people talking. And there were some other issues, like getting kicked out of the app. And it didn’t actually pause when I tried to pause it. Then I thought it was related to trying to pause, so did not do that, & it still skipped backwards & forewords in such a glitchy manner, that it was un-watchable. It happened with older shows & also a new Magnolia show 😞

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m new to this channel and have experienced multiple pauses/interruptions. Discovery plus keeps popping up messages saying check your network connection. This is a ROKU connection and none of my other channels, Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, Apple TV, Disney+ are experiencing this problem. This is a Discovery Plus issue. Fix it or give me a refund. 

0 Kudos
KR8Z

Jump to solution

I've had the same experience. I've reached out to Discovery Plus who referred me to their platform requirements which did not list Roku as a supported platform. Maybe this has changed but clearly there is still a massive issue. My guess I'd D+ needs to address this. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Toadius69 wrote:

Anyone else having issues with the discovery plus app?  Ours keeps pausing and skips about 1 second of dialogue.  We have restarted, deleted, signed out, re loaded, restarted router.   Continues to happen.  Any ideas or similar issues?

Take that up with Discovery directly.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling channel. 

Facehead
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue here (2020 Six Series). It seems to be an issue with the app itself, which isn't all that surprising for such a new service. Here's hoping there's a patch incoming. I'm getting a 2-3 second pause every 10 minutes or so. In my case it doesn't seem to correspond to an incoming commercial break, but who knows? 

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Been a big conversation on here. Mine skipped backwards & forewords so much that it was unbearable. Discovery said they were working on it, but I haven’t heard anything else in over 2 wks. I did all their troubleshooting things, didn’t work. People having it with free trial, & both other packages. Thinking about making another report... happens with wide variety of tvs & Roku equipment, so think it’s the app itself. Doesn’t seem to be commercial-related because also happens mid-sentence. 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You are correct about it not being commercial pauses, because mine is jumping whole scenes now and there’s nothing I can do about it. If I rewind it, it just jumps the scene again. So it’s not just pausing anymore it’s skipping bits. I have the trail and I now have a membership and I’m now going to cancel the membership as soon as I finish watching a show. I’m bummed though, because I love what the app has to offer, they just did a **bleep** job on their delivery. 

0 Kudos
kjwpurple
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got the same instructions.  But when you google if Roku has cache that needs to be cleared, every site says no, so I'm not doing it and I told them so.  

0 Kudos