Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefan8213
Reel Rookie

How to add a pay channel I've already subscribed to?

Jump to solution

I subscribed to a streaming channel independent of Roku. When I try to add it, it wants me to subscribe again. How do I add with my existing subscription? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefan8213
Reel Rookie

Re: How to add a pay channel I've already subscribed to?

Jump to solution

FIXED: The particular content I subscribed to has TWO apps, one allows login while the other does not. Thanks everyone for your input.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It depends on the channel/app.  There should be an option to log in or subscribe.  That's up to the developer of the channel, so you may have to contact them.  If this is a sub-channel within The Roku Channel then that's a different story and I don't think it's possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Stefan8213-

To add to @renojim's reply...

How did you make this "independent of Roku" subscription?  Directly with that channel on its website, or through some other service third party service like Amazon, Google, Apple, etc.?

In many cases, subscriptions obtained through 3rd party services can only be accessed via that 3rd party's platform.

In general, if you want to be able to view a paid subscription on multiple platforms you should subscribe directly with that service.  You'll then be able to log in on any supported platform with the credentials from your channel-direct subscription,

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku account won’t accept this new subscription. I had previously allowed my Discover+ subscription to lapse. This was prior to the merger with Warner. When I tried to reinstate my subscription with Discovery+, I was required to set up a new account. I did this directly through the Discovery+ app.  When I tried to add Discovery + to my Roku, I got an error message that the account already exists it does not allow me to reinstate it. Do you have a solution?

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Im2old4this, we understand that not being able to log into a subscription you've just started is no fun. We're here to help.

We're sending a PM your way. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to further help.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have accounts with discovery+; Netflix; & Hulu. Just thought a new large TV "Hitachi - Roku": it accepted all my accounts. The older TV was installed in the bedroom with the Roku attachment stick.. But it will not allow me access to discovery plus they tell me my account does not exist! & that I must pay them to receive it! when I already paid discovery????

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@stpeteBigMac wrote:

I have accounts with discovery+; Netflix; & Hulu. Just thought a new large TV "Hitachi - Roku": it accepted all my accounts. The older TV was installed in the bedroom with the Roku attachment stick.. But it will not allow me access to discovery plus they tell me my account does not exist! & that I must pay them to receive it! when I already paid discovery????

Where did you subscribe to Discovery Plus?  If at discoveryplus.com, you should be able to log into Discovery Plus from anywhere, on any device, if you're using the correct credentials.  If you signed up through The Roku Channel, are you using the exact same Roku account on both Roku devices?

0 Kudos
Stefan8213
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

FIXED: The particular content I subscribed to has TWO apps, one allows login while the other does not. Thanks everyone for your input.

0 Kudos
jojobird
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue.  My subscription to Peacock expired.  I renewed it on the Peacock.com website.  When I tried to add it to Roku,  I expected to be given the option to log into the Peacock account.  However, it only gave an option to renew through Roku, which I am certain would result in a second Peacock subscription.  I tried completely deleting the Peacock account on Roku first, but got the same result.  How can I get Roku to recognize my Peacock subscription?  

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@jojobird, I'm not sure what you mean by "I tried completely deleting the Peacock account on Roku first", but if you're referring to removing the channel/app then you must do things in the proper order.  When you remove a channel/app you must restart your Roku from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power immediately after removing it and before adding it again to remove any information saved on your Roku device.  If you didn't do it in that order, try again.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos