Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a channel we bought outside of roku

How to add a channel we bought outside of roku?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to add a channel we bought outside of roku

Hi @California2023,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

In order to add a channel that was purchased outside of our streaming service, we must search for it within our channel store and then add it. 

• Press Home  on your Roku remote
  • Scroll and select Store
  • Select Channels, then browse by genre, recommended, featured, top free, and other categories
  • When you want to learn more about an app, press OK on your remote
  • If the app is free, select Add channel; if the app requires a subscription, select OK to start a free trial or purchase a subscription

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

What "channel" did you buy? The channels themselves can only be acquired from the Roku channel store, and channel availability varies based on your location. Almost no channel has a cost to install on your device, but many channels require a subscription to use.

If you're referring to a service you have subscribed to, what service is it? 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
naga1

we bought Peacock channel outside Roku. all our channels are bought outside Roku like Netflix and prime.

Roku does not give an option to sign in  for peacock only subscribe option. channel added already cant login!

0 Kudos
atc98092

While I no longer use Peacock, when I did have it I was able to log in with my Peacock credentials. I just reinstalled the app, and I see it still has my account login, even though I don't subscribe to anything. I logged out, and it returned me to the home page with the offer to "pick a plan" (i.e. subscribe) or sign in. If you are not seeing that option, are you currently signed into the app? Look at the top right (that's where I saw it showing me logged in). Log out and then you should be able to use your Peacock credentials.

Note that I am referring to the stand-alone app called Peacock TV, not access within The Roku Channel.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
renojim

@naga1, here's a link to the app you want to be using:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/2dd1a2670117700b87d7a40bfa7e6138/peacock-tv

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.