Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KellyGreer

How can I access over the air antennae

Jump to solution

I purchased a ROKU 65" smart TV earlier this month and while setting it up and getting it ready I hooked up an over the air digital tv antennae (actually I've tried two of them) to be able to access local over the air channels.  My problem is there does not seem to be any way to access these channels on my TV on my TV screen.   It seems to do nothing but show my HOME screen and there doesn't seem to be any option to view local over the air channels.  Can anyone here clue me in to what it is that I seem to be missing?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can I access over the air antennae

Jump to solution

Hi @KellyGreer,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this. Setting up an OTA can be tricky sometimes. If you're missing the Live TV input on your Roku after hooking it up, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input. 

For more information, you can visit our support page here on how to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
KColtrane

Roku TCL Tv won't connect with cable box BUT apps work fine

Jump to solution

Curious that there isn't a definitive answer/solution to this 4 year old issue. My brand new/updated HiSense Roku 40" has the same problem. Connected to Xfinity cable box via HDMI. After setup it worked fine. The next day when powered on, selected the correct HDMI port, and an error message was displayed along the lines of "No cable box signal. Is it turned on?" or something similar. Unplugged cable box to reset signal and it worked. Each time the TV was subsequently powered off, the same issue appeared when turning on. Sometimes switching several times between the Home screen and the HDMI for the cable will fix the problem, but this is not practical as someone has already mentioned. Seems to me like a software or port issue with these TV's but would like to see a solution from Roku.

0 Kudos
adge
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TCL Tv won't connect with cable box BUT apps work fine

Jump to solution

My TVs are a TCL & a Westinghouse, I think that drills it down to the Roku software/OS. I know how frustrating this is. Ours actually works lately. Says to self "shh. don't jinx it".

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can I access over the air antennae

Jump to solution

Hi @KellyGreer,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this. Setting up an OTA can be tricky sometimes. If you're missing the Live TV input on your Roku after hooking it up, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input. 

For more information, you can visit our support page here on how to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
debknowles

Jump to solution

I have Spectrum CABLE box, a new box, which IT keeps saying no signal on Roku to live TV

0 Kudos
debknowles

Jump to solution

I also have on my top right screen that Roku is heating up

0 Kudos
adge
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

it literally says "heating up"? One can take that in different ways. hmm.And I've never seen that notice btw.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.