Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiwisoup
Reel Rookie

Re: How To Block YouTube Ads On Roku

Jump to solution

While this doesn't remove ads, it does make them much less annoying to tweak your Google ad settings which is how the ad topics are selected:

https://adssettings.google.com/

During midterm elections, disabling the "pregnancy/parenting" topic under sensitive issues almost completely eliminated all of the abortion ads. There was also many things I was being advertised that were very repetitive and didn't apply to me at all and by tweaking the settings around I got it to stop showing them to me.

0 Kudos
rdharaa

Re: youtube without ads WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM

Jump to solution

Youtube  premium gets rid of all the ads

Even on roku

0 Kudos
Charmedonex3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I still stick with Roku because, like the fire tablets, the fire sticks offer next to nothing in regards to apps and channels plus I had a lot of problems with it dropping wifi signals. 

Android tablets are ten times better, for Amazon does not allow ANY Google apps to be downloaded on fire tablets. Only Amazon made apps can be used on fire tablets and they're all basically junk that are non-usable. 

I actually have a TV with Fire built in and, instead, use a Roku box on it for streaming. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I’m pretty sure you can side load apps on a Fire device, same as other Android devices. I use STube, which requires side loading. I have it on three Shield devices and never have to watch an ad. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jeska

Jump to solution

You also need to stick your remote where the sun dont shine. It's not free goggle is constantly making money off of you if you're consenting or not. Without ads. You dont get that wealthy without taking advantage of peoples ignorance.

No one wants your opinion there like an anus everyone has one.

Answer the question or keep your ignorance to yourself. Thank you.

0 Kudos
auntbek007

Re: youtube without ads WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM

Jump to solution
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Well yes, it should work. You're Paying For It.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No, I can block ads on YouTube on my computer without paying for THIER service at NO COST. You should be able to do it on Roku also without having YouTubes Hand in Your Wallet.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There is no way to block YouTube ads on a Roku without paying for YouTube Premium. It isn't possible. On Android based devices you can side load an app that will do that, but it's not available for Roku or Apple TV devices. 

Remember, you aren't paying anything to watch standard YouTube. Those ads are what allows them to provide it. The cost to run the servers and the Internet connection is enormous. Someone has to pay for it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
prickard
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Limit ad tracking option is no longer available.  It has been replaced with the option personalize ads option.

0 Kudos