Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbyboy
Reel Rookie

Re: Having to login to YouTube every time very annoying

Ok.  So I had read that YouTube had been in negotiations with Roku and the could not come to an agreement so anyone using YouTube on Roku would have to sign in with every launch. 

0 Kudos
Orengo

The answer is simple.  Get rid of your Roku TV and buy another brand.  Roku is GARBAGE.

BillG08210
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BillG08210,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue!

We understand you're having a problem with the YouTube channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
graphicsfx

I will try upgrading the Youtube app as well because I also have had to sign in every time I open the Youtube app. It also makes me verify on another device in addition to signing in with the correct information. VERY frustrating when the only keyboard available is the onscreen one or I don't have one of my other devices handy.

BillG08210
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply John. I have already checked for updates for YT. None were needed. Update, one TV hasn't asked told me to login (roku stick) for a few days now. The other TV does it randomly (roku express 4k). I turned this TV on and off 3 times throughout the day yesterday to see what it would do. Twice worked, once asked for login.

Bill

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @graphicsfx

It's always great to see new users here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information to us, and we'd be more than willing to assist. We understand that you're having an issue with the YouTube app login. For this instance, we recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

After performing the mentioned steps above, kindly try again if you notice any improvements.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BillG08210
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I performed the steps described on both TV's that I have recently installed Roku. I thought I was good because the problem seemed solved then last night the bedroom TV made go through the login for YouTube TV and then just now my family room TV made me login. Was good for about a week.

Very frustrating.

Bill

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BillG08210,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I have a feeling if you contact the channel provider to report this all they will do is say it isn't their fault and point the finger right back at Roku. Then Roku will keep saying it is their fault, and round and round it goes with nobody fixing it...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.