Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warrin
Reel Rookie

Re: Harris Commercials on Roku are lies and deceit

My cult leader as you put it is the best thing that ever happened to this country. You and all the other snowflakes just don't get it. Why would you want to live in a world under Kamala Harris's communist regime? I don't get that either. How about you suck it up 🖕

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Personally I don't care for either of them. But since this isn't a political forum, take this nonsense elsewhere. It's already been explained that Roku has no authority to remove or alter in any way any political advertisement .

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jk_user
Reel Rookie

Your anger is understandable and shared, but misplaced.  Harris commercials are basically lies all around, regardless of which platform you see them on.  If we had to throw away every device which aired deceptive Harris ads, we would run out of landfill space.  As others have pointed out, any platform which airs any political ads must accept all of them.  If not for this rule, many platforms would be removing Trump ads which contain "misinformation", which is government-speak for statement that they don't approve of, even though many of them turn out to be true.  Like when Trump said at the debate with Harris that crime was up under Biden-Harris, and the moderators "fact checked" him pointing out that official FBI statistics said crime was down in 2022.  Just a day or two ago, the FBI quietly "corrected" their erroneous statistic, and it turns out that crime actually was up in 2022, so Trump's debate comment was correct all along, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for ABC (the network that aired that debate) to issue a correction.

Harris lies, and Harris and her enabling party and the enabling media are to blame.  Roku is not.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.