Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BRo1

HDMI ARC soundbar doesnt work with Roku Streaming Stick

Also having this issue currently. We have an Anthem Arc surround system that is not recognizing by our android TV only when Roku Ultra is connected. The surround sound system worked fine before installing the Roku Ultra. Roku's software seems to block signals from all other HDMI ports. The only thing that works is to do these steps every single time we want to watch TV:

1. Unplug the Roku Ultra's power cord

2. Turn on the surround sound system

3. Turn on the TV

4. Clear the TV cache

5. Replug the Roku

It is such a pain, and I do not plan to get rid of the surround system. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
rmerrem
Reel Rookie

Re: HDMI ARC soundbar doesnt work with Roku Streaming Stick

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @BRo1!

Thanks for raising your audio issues with us and for providing us with the troubleshooting you've done to try and resolve it. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, have you tried to plug both your Roku Ultra and Anthem Arc surround system into a different TV to see if it will work? It may be possible that your TV doesn't support both devices connected. Additionally, try to plug your devices into different HDMI ports to see if the issue will still persist. 

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response! 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jpstream

I had the same problem when I changed my soundbar, works via apps on tv is, but Roku ultra stopped working with sound…when I changed the audio setting in Roku ultra to passthru rather than Auto, it started working…hope it works for you.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.