Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMW22
Binge Watcher

Re: HBO Max playback impacting Roku devices

The issue we are having with HBO Max is that it is switching the language to Spanish overdubs when our Roku is set up for English. This never happened before but has been a problem for the last 2 days or so. Please get HBO or whomever needs to fix this to fix it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JMW22

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JMW22
Binge Watcher

Programs are playing in Spanish when the language for the Roku and the HBO App are set to English. This has been going on for over a week. Restarting the app and restarting the Roku did nothing to fix it. That is at my mother's house.

At my place in another state, HBO is mostly working fine but there have been some glitches where programs do not start or they stop midway through.

0 Kudos
ElkoNV
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the offer, but I already received many, many suggestions, have tried them all AND tried them on three different Rokus and I continued to be unable to access HBO Max (after years of being able to). I always got the same error message, which I described in a previous email. I deleted and re-installed apps, restarted rokus, modems, unsubscribed & resubscribed to HBO, and several more things. So, I bought a Chromecast and am having no problems. During the weeks of struggling, I'd have given anything to just be able to pick up a phone and talk to a Roku representative, but I guess that's a thing of the past. 

0 Kudos
JMW22
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

Here is some information for the HBO issue I mentioned above. 

Model 3810X Roku Streaming Stick+

S/N YH003E278994 (2130A3278994)

Software: 11.0.0 build 4193-50

Timestamp: 2022-06-16T20:21:42Z

ISSUE ID: 94-240-261

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ElkoNV @JMW22

Thanks for the posts.

In general, for more information about a channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

In the meantime, can you please provide specific content titles that you are experiencing this issue with?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JMW22
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

The problem with HBO playing in Spanish at my mother's place is happening on every program. Today we chatted with support online and tried changing settings within the app as well as uninstalling the app and reinstalling it after a system restart. That did NOTHING and the problem persisted. She decided to cancel HBO until they get it fixed.

It's great to tell us to contact HBO, but we need a direct contact for that - someone that works with the app. I'm not going to waste time sending emails to a general support black hole.

0 Kudos
Cfrake

@RokuDanny-R 

Got a brand new Roku streaming stick 4K,  only app that doesn’t work. HBO max. 

cleared cache, deleted app, reinstalled, logged out of all devices.  

only thing that works, and it’s good for one watch is to log out of all devices, deleted max app from roku, re install to roku, launch, and login. I can watch one thing, and upon exiting app it will not launch again. 

what the heck is going on. Internet is fine, hbo works on all other devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @Cfrake

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the HBO Max channel is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to HBO Max support directly to share your feedback. 

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos
Jojoearich
Reel Rookie

I have a client with Roku express device. Model 3930RW. He had issues in May with his HBO Max. We have done every troubleshooting option about 15 times each. None worked and then we're told it was an update on HBO Max side. It worked for a few weeks maybe month and hasn't worked in the past 2 weeks. We have tried updating the Roku software, removing and adding back the channel, restarting device, reset internet connection, checked internet speeds. Everything is fine and all other channels work except this one. Contacted HBO max and was advised this is not an issue on their end and was told to contact Roku. I personally have a roku TV and do not have these issues at all. My client is able to watch on his tablet so it's not an issue with the HBO max and I am wondering if it is a compatibility issue and just isn't supported for the device. We don't want to upgrade if the same issues would happen. 

0 Kudos