Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jojoearich
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max playback impacting Roku devices

I feel like it is an issue with both. I have tried support with both and get referred to the other so it's frustrating. I feel like depending on the ROKU device that it is not compatible when HBO Max does updates. I feel like until the update is addressed or another one is released the issue will persist. I understand the affordability with not being able to replace the device which my client has issues with as well however we will likely look to a non Roku device that has the streaming capabilities and see if it will work. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CONEJO77 @Jojoearich

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OhSoModest

I still can’t use HBO Max on my Roku devise after multiple troubleshooting attempts and resets…. Any tips ?

0 Kudos
CONEJO77
Binge Watcher

Install it on Apple TV, works great. Roku has a big issue with HBO, I never got it to work even after performing R/R several times.

Conejo77

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@OhSoModest

Thanks for the post

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What specific troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rickm1010
Reel Rookie

Interestingly enough, it started working again with no input from me?????  I am unable to explain what was the solution was as in the previous time, last year it abruptly stopped working and similarly started working again. 

0 Kudos
uselessrouk
Reel Rookie

HBO!! i guess thats purely US customers? i dont know why you do not provide these channels in the UK but its about time you did give us something new other than telagu/pakistain/mumbo jumbo channels in the UK. Also how about an update on the software more than once a year? i take it these are android based streaming devices?? do you know about exploits/vulnerabilities?? 

so to summise, give us Hulu, HBO, Tubi, etc and get your software upto date! oh and fix france24 channel which keeps switching itself back to menu randomly, not like i havent clicked the * button and reported it over a hundred times already...

as for recommending your device to others...nahhhh mate, its junk! 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@uselessrouk, you have so much wrong that I'm not going to waste my time addressing them, but first and foremost ROKU IS NOT ANDROID!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Thank you for notifying us about the ongoing issues with the HBO Max channel on Roku devices. I understand that you are investigating the problem, and I appreciate your efforts.

As a Roku user, I will patiently wait for updates on the issue and hope for a swift resolution. Please keep us informed of any developments or when the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Zoya

You can read my article: https://trackacpl.in/track-usps-in-india/ 

0 Kudos
hschampers

Does this apply to the new “Max” channel? When I’m watch something, in the beginning of the show, my screen freezes but audio keeps going for a few seconds. Then everything catches up and plays fine, but it happens every episode. While watching a series the “continue watching” feature doesn’t work when I watch Max through my Roku. I don’t have these issues when I watch Max on a different device.

0 Kudos