Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richdem
Visitor

Google Photo App Not Working

Hi There,

I have a Roku 3 & Roku Ultra. On both devices the Google Photoview app suddenly stopped working. When I try to open my photo library I get the following error:

HandleGetAlbumlist Code 400 The requested URL returned error 400 Bad Request

I tried posting in the Google Photo forum but was referred here. Does anyone have a fix for this? I miss using both my flat screen TV's as digital picture frames

Hope someone can help

Regards

Richard
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Google Photo App Not Working

Yep, looks like there's an issue with the app. I haven't previously used it, so I don't know if it ever worked. I assume it did for you, based on your wording of the problem. Normally, best bet might be to contact Google or the app creator. As no creator is listed in the Channel Store, perhaps Tanner will jump in and offer some guidance. Or, perhaps other users have an idea?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
marksoucy
Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue and within the last 2 days. I also use photoview as a screensaver and I hope they fix it because I've enjoyed it thoroughly.
0 Kudos
lion7718
Visitor

Mine started working again last night.
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. The channel referenced is developed by a third party, and is not published by Google. We've let them know about the issue, and they are working on an update to address it. 

Please continue to try checking for updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now, or try removing the channel, restarting your device, and adding the channel back once more. 

We're hoping this should be resolved soon and appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue as the other folks here. Photo viewer just started crashing on launch. I have two different roku players and the same issue.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

That app says it was developed by Chris Taylor. This appears to be his website. 

https://www.photoviewapp.com/

When I first tried to access that I got "Internal Server Error" but now it's coming up and showing:

"API Issues on Jan 22, 2022 There's been some reported issues with the site and account linkage. It's being worked on."

While you're there, he might appreciate it if you visited: " Please consider donating to support this free channel!"

0 Kudos
MikeB208

I was having issues trying to register too.  Found that if I kept generating a new code until it was just letters and no numbers, I was able to type that code into it the web app and successfully link.

0 Kudos
DZH

As of 8/12/23 we are experiencing the same internal error as others. Unable to connect accounts to the app. Are there any updates on this issue?

0 Kudos