Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomazin

Globoplay live channel "globo" (open and free) not allowed due to region conflict

Jump to solution

I'm facing issues to connect to a live channel into the Globalplay app: CHANNEL "TV GLOBO" LIVE AND FREE (OPEN SIGNAL)

This is due to region conflict related to IP address or device configuration.

If I access from my old SmartTV samsung app (globoplay), it works normally, also from my cellphone or notebook. All log intO the same roter (vivo: ip 198.xxx  devices log into .2 to .200). Looking to that side this IP is considered as US address but other devides looks like that the APP takes the IPv6 fe80::6d4:3ca5:582:xxxx.  Into this direction I changed the roter IP to DNS IPv4 to 177.146.xx.1 . But it also do not worked. Then looking to roku.com instructions I reset the device into factory status and did the overall config again, but issue still the same. Then I changed to another new user, that also do not fixed. 

1)4K DEVICE WITH ISSUE:
roku device model 3941X - roku express 4k+ 

serial number: X016001FCVxx

devide ID: S07P218FCVxx

SW Ver. 11.5.0 - REVISION 4312-CR

GLOBO PLAY versions 1.36 REVISION 20230327135xxx

2)DEVICE 2 

ROKU DEVICE MODEL:3930BR - ROKU EXPRESS

serial number: X0400VJGxxx

devide ID: S0R427Jxxx

SW Ver. 11.5.0 - REVISION 4312-AE

GLOBO PLAY versions 1.36 REVISION 20230327135xxx

3) SAMSUNG TV (HERE THE LIVE CHANNEL WORKS PROPERLLY)

MODEL: UN55HU8700 (YEAR 2014) ORSAY SYSTEM

GLOBOPLAY SW VERSION 1.23.0

I know that globo implement limitations to access the live channel due to publicity reasons, the "futura"  and "GE" channel that are also free, works normally. showing that is a conflict related to the device/IP conflict. Globoplay company also give in DEC/22 a campaing giving free roku express divice to new user, than I think a lot of user in Brazil are facing the same... Into youtube I founded instructions but all related to roku TV OS with geolocation issues... that do not reflect to the roku devices... 

Thank you a lot about your attention and support!

I removed partial data from my devices, issue fixed, I believe from globo based on Roku feedback... Tks!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Globoplay live channel "globo" (open and free) not allowed due to region conflict

Jump to solution

Hi @Tomazin

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you are facing an issue when streaming Globo live channels on Globoplay. We can see that the channel is available in your region. Have you tried reaching out to the channel partner to report the issue? 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: Globoplay Support

Regards, 
Nimfa

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Globoplay live channel "globo" (open and free) not allowed due to region conflict

Jump to solution

Hi @Tomazin

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you are facing an issue when streaming Globo live channels on Globoplay. We can see that the channel is available in your region. Have you tried reaching out to the channel partner to report the issue? 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: Globoplay Support

Regards, 
Nimfa