Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airTime24
Reel Rookie

Re: Global Channel crashing to home screen

Jump to solution

Same problem here in BC 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

still no Globel in bc .please fix this problem

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Global TV loads for about 5 secs and then goes back to the home screen

Jump to solution

I'm in the US and Global TV is a Canadian service so I can't check whether I get the same problem or not.

It's not readily apparent to most that each channel provider adapts its app to run on the Roku operating system, provides it to Roku, and maintains it. The only channels that Roku maintains are their own The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Player, and several Roku information channels. For everything else, Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

A "remove channel app / restart Roku / reinstall channel app" process (don't skip the "restart Roku" step) should get you a complete installation of the latest version of the channel app. This can fix things if the problem was caused by a corrupted, out of date, or incomplete installation of the app. If the problem then persists with that channel while other channels work without a hitch, it generally means there is a problem with the channel-provided app that only the channel provider can fix.

I see the Global TV website does have a "Contact Us" form:
https://www.globaltv.com/faq/#contact

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Crabbyquilter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is now Sunday and still crashing

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Global TV loads for about 5 secs and then goes back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for the posts.

As previously mentioned by @makaiguy above, if removing the channel, restarting the device, and then reinstalling the app didn't resolve the issue occurring, we suggest contacting Global TV's customer support team to report the problem and get help. There might be an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wschreder

Jump to solution

We have the same issue on 3 TVs.  One is a Roku TV and the other two are using Roku sticks.

0 Kudos
Deb19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As I mentioned earlier, I called Roku Tech support and they said the issue is with Global. Roku contacted Global, apparently, but they have received no reply. 

Perhaps we could all pass the message directly to Global instead of just one or two people, so they know there's a problem and to get on it(?) 👍😊

0 Kudos
David39

Jump to solution

Started yesterday. Global crashing always goes back to Home Screen when selecting a channel

BethD

Jump to solution

I am having exact same issue as well.  Started yesterday as well.  

Roxy12

Jump to solution

Same pro wish we could get help