Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kkrx7
Binge Watcher

Re: freevee channel not working

So basically you are passing the buck to Freevee:Amazon because no one there at Roku cares enough or knows enough to do anything.  There is also nothing Amazon/Freezee says they can do about it and they say to contact Roku.  Perfect storm of incompetence and apathy at work.  

BlarneyStone
Binge Watcher

Too funny. I decided to give Amazon’s phone tech support a try. They gave me phone number for Freevee’s direct support to, drum roll please, Roku’s corporate headquarters!

This is so laughable. 

Kkrx7
Binge Watcher

Hey Roku "help" staff:

Amazon owns Firestick which is the major competitor to Roku.  Amazon purchased Freevee so they own that now.  Are any of the senior marketing and executive types at Roku aware of this very obvious conflict in affecting their interest in not solving the Freevee problem on the Roku system since it makes Roku look bad and improves the appeal of Firestick, you know the competitor?  Maybe some of your very highly compensated execs there can do this reasoning as well as Roku customers.  Good lord how pathetic and embarrassing for Roku to get played out in public by their chief, very powerful and extremely well-funded competitor.  Good luck Roku, you're being out manned and out smarted by a wide margin.

BlarneyStone
Binge Watcher

There maybe some good news here. I tried Amazon’s phone support again because I’m just a glutton for punishment and a young lady named Kylie actually had some helpful and on target advice.   Thanks Kylie!

Install the Freevee app on your phone and sign in with your Freevee or Amazon account. Press the icon that looks similar to a cascading display panel in the bottom right.

Next click the gear icon, scroll down and click contact us. Next click “app issues\trouble watching Amazon Freevee”.  

Next choose your option of email or phone to contact them. I chose email.  I provided the link to the Roku and Amazon threads asking them to reference them and let me know if they need more details. 

I will let you know what happens, but I figure everyone here could do the same and report back on Freevee’s phone or email responses. Hit them up in a relatively short time span so they know they have a problem. 

Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

Great idea. I contacted them on my phone app about the issue as well. Thanks for this. 

BlarneyStone
Binge Watcher

I didn’t get a response from the email sent so I too called them.

The agent on call said words that indicated it will be given low priority unless more reports are submitted. I have him an earful about users not knowing where to send those problems to and that Amazon seemed oblivious when it came to Freevee support. What is it called again?  AMAZON Freevee?  I also noted the reports here and Amazon and that I included those links in the email I sent. 

It ended with the agent promising to create an actual incident number on which I will be copied via email. I asked him to promise that I would receive a copy (don’t have it yet). He said it may take up to 72 hours before an investigation is conducted.

Please call and insist on an incident # being created with you on copy.  Hopefully something will get accomplished this way. 

BlarneyStone
Binge Watcher

The issue is now fixed for me with version 1.2, build 1248.

Hopefully so for everyone else. 

Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

It's working now for me, too. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
WannabeJamie
Reel Rookie

I have that same version and still not working 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

If you have Amazon Prime can you still install the freevee app on your Roku so you don't have to go through Amazon every time? I just tried to install the freevee app on my Roku and it locked up my Roku and never installed anything. Is that because I already have it on prime or am I able to do both?

0 Kudos