Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wolfdad
Reel Rookie

Free Peacock not working on my Roku

I get Peacock for free from Xfinity and have it on my second tv via Roku....but Roku does not allow me to access for free....any ideas on how to correct? Xfinity tells me it is a Roku issue! Thanks

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Free Peacock not working on my Roku

How are you trying to access Peacock?  You have to use the stand-alone channel/app and not try to access it through "The Roku Channel" and you need a username or email address and a password.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wolfdad
Reel Rookie

I am using the stand alone app. I know I have watched it before and it does show my  name in the top left of the screen as if I am logged in.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's weird.  So it shows you're logged in but won't allow you to watch anything?  Do you get an error message?  Can you log out and log back in?  Can you log in on the Peacock website on a computer and watch anything?

This is one of those cases where it's usually advised to remove the channel/app, restart the Roku device, and add the channel again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
qtfamily

Im having the same issue. Unable to view on our Roku. Im unable into peacock but it prompts me to subscribe to a plan. XFINITY offers it to me but for six months I’ve not been able to view it.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @qtfamily!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about accessing the Peacock channel on your Roku player and we'd be more than happy to be of assistance here.

In this case, do you have an active subscription with the Peacock channel? If so, you can log into your account directly from the standalone Peacock app. However, if you don't have an active subscription yet, you can always subscribe through Roku by highlighting the channel tile of Peacock and pressing the star (*) button on your remote to select Manage Subscription.

If you have further clarification or are in need of any assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
4coolmom

When I try to load Peacock channel from recommended area the screen just goes black and nothing happens. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @4coolmom,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Peacock channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.