Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kapekodder
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News Channel issues and problems

Still issues with Fox News Channel on Roku device. Have to go to foxnews.com/connect several times a week and enter code on screen. No one has an answer to this and has been ongoing for a very long time.

ArkOzark

Same problem for me.  Lately, when I click on FOX News, it says "No Connection - retry".  I've learned to use the Back button until it asks me if I want to exit.  I exit and come back in and it's fine.  In past months, it would automatically throw me into Fox Weather no matter what, and sometimes even while I was watching Fox News it would switch to weather.  And the timing of how often it makes me use a code to sign back in is not consistent.  If it was the FOX app, it would at least be a consistent period of time.  The most infuriating is when it says 13%, and shows a spinning wheel, but never gets beyond 13% coming up.  Again, I exit and come back in.  Also, many times it says it's in commercial break, but 10 minutes later I realize I'm still waiting.  Again, exit and come back in.  This horrible experience could not be just a FOX issue.  Apps are developed and tested as a partnership between the broadcasting networks and the delivery services like ROKU.  They are never just thrown on a site without usability testing.   No, I have no doubt someone in the mix between FOX and the consumer is trying to restrict viewership of any conservative news.  Of course we can't even hope a government that is controlled by manipulative, censuring leftists will look into it.  But eventually truth will come out.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ArkOzark.

We regret to hear about the trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Mentioning you have playback issues with the Fox News app, have you tried to highlight the app and press the star* button to update it? If not, we highly recommend so. Also, we suggest updating the software version of your Roku player by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > System update

If you are still having playback issues with the app, we suggest performing the basic troubleshooting method by removing the app, performing a system reboot, and then re-installing it to see if it will resolve your concern. 

• Remove the app by highlighting it and pressing the Star (*) button
  • Restart your Roku device/TV from Settings > System > System Restart
  • Reinstall the app again. Select Channel Store > Search for the app > Click Add channel

Please let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos