Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_ship
Reel Rookie

Flickering purple line above picture when playing movies on HBO max

Only for HBO Max movies there's a flickering purple line above the picture when the size is set to auto. When it's set to normal its on the top edge of the picture but still visible. I've tried changing picture settings but it doesn't go away unless I change the size to Zoom. The app is updated. Has anybody had this happen and gotten rid of it?20220930_233539.jpg

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Flickering purple line above picture when playing movies on HBO max

Hey @the_ship

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Have you checked other channels if the same issue occurs? Also, if you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
the_ship
Reel Rookie

It's only on HBO Max and only for movies--TV shows seems fine. 

There isn't an option to remove HBO Max. The option is there for other channels but not HBO Max. I've tried updating the channel but it didn't do anything. And I've restarted the TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@the_ship

Thanks for the reply.

Please be advised that if you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option. No worries, you won't be charged again for the app upon unsubscribing as long as it is within the validity date.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
the_ship
Reel Rookie

I removed the channel,restarted TV, and added the channel back, but it didn't fix the problem, the line is still there. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@the_ship

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, does this issue only occur on the HBO Max channel or does it occur across all channels? In addition, have you tried connecting your Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
the_ship
Reel Rookie

It is only HBO Max, it doesn't happen on other channels. And it's a Roku TV, I can't connect to something else. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @the_ship

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos