Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LSeeber
Channel Surfer

Re: Youtube fast forward and rewind only works 10 seconds at a time

Jump to solution

Yes, as listed in a previous post, the Roku tv system reset fixed the issue.

CoryKent7
Channel Surfer

Re: Youtube fast forward and rewind only works 10 seconds at a time

Jump to solution

Thank you for backing me up. Smiley Happy

Tricia62

Re: Fast forward and Rewind don't work on YouTube anymore

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for this fix to YouTube not fast forwarding.  After the roku system restart, fast forwarding works!!!  🙂  🙂

0 Kudos
Mozanne
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wooo Hoooo!! Thank you brother! Such a simple/logical fix (which is probably why I didn't think of it before). Thank you for taking the time to post for the community!

0 Kudos
Sugarbee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yea, it works for the first minute and then you have to restart it again.  We need a real fix.

Mama2be

Jump to solution

This worked wonders for me! I watch thunderstorm videos every night since I got pregnant... can't take my sleeping pills cuz it's not safe for baby. 

Anyways... it's hard to find good ones with enough rain and lightening to feel real enough to let me relax and I was so sick of tapping over and over and getting no where!!!

Truly thank you!

0 Kudos
Sugarbee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Restarting does not fix the issue for me.  TCL support even sent a replacement TV and it does the same thing, straight out of the box.  They can't replicate the issue.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sugarbee

Thanks for the follow up.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mozanne
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just to be sure we're talking about the same type of restart, please try these steps in order: 

Start at Roku "Home"

scroll "up" one click to "settings" and hit OK

Scroll up one click again to "system" and click OK
Scroll down to "power" and click OK
Scroll down to "System Restart" and click OK once to highlight "Restart" then click OK again to start the process.
Hopefully this works for you. Some folks were just turning off, then on again, but this route is a "reboot", and fixes MANY details
Please let me know if you had any luck?
0 Kudos
kev2069666
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah I tried resetting the tv and it will fix the buffering issue with youtube not loading correctly for a couple tries. Then it's a 50/50 shot whether it's gonna work or not. I like this tv but this issue makes me not want another hisense.  

I have a 65U6GR if that makes a difference

0 Kudos