Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST_Dog
Binge Watcher

Re: Fast forward and Rewind don't work on YouTube anymore

Jump to solution

"Has anyone experienced a problem with a stand alone Roku device or is this with Roku TVs only?"

Different problems. But the app is buggy on all Roku devices.

0 Kudos
ST_Dog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

"Seems obvious if resetting the unit cures the problem, even temporarily, it's not you tube or a TV issue."

Not at all. The app gets in a weird state and resetting the devices clears that out.
No other video I I use has a similar issue (Disney+, Netflix, Amazon, Plex, etc.)

It's like rebooting a phone or a computer. Most app/applications/programs work fine but one has problems. Or remember the old solution of uninstall and reinstall stuff to fix issues? That still happens a lot on phones. Or clear all of an app's stored data.

0 Kudos
CordCutterMan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi ST_Dog and all,

Has happened with my roku ultra unit. Had just received replacement remote, as the existing one lost ability to move in the left direction. Couldn't search or go back to selection you passed by. 

Then, could not rapid advance or rewind holding button down. Just in small steps of each push of the button. Bummer! I worked in the field on networks 20 years. Many a problem was fixed by a simple reboot. Didn't want to go out in public realizing I hadn't done it! So read a post mentioning rebooting, tried it and life is good again. 

Maybe should change my handle to Reboot Man to keep it in mind. Must admit, it's happening. Turning 70 Jan. of 2023. The old noodle showing effects of too many good times!  Last thing, SO GLAD I cut the cord. I wouldn't have a single screen in my house, aside from the pc otherwise. 0 tolerance for commercials. Don't listen to radio anymore as well.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @ST_Dog

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Gvkr32

Jump to solution

Perfect, thanks

0 Kudos
smilesoftx

Jump to solution

You are a genius!! Worked like a charm. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same exact issue with my Roku system as well. (Feb. 14th, 2023 @ 01:41am EST) It was working fine yesterday. Now all of a sudden it don't scan forward or back, as you described in your issue. If anyone find a quick fix please let me know. Thanks in advance. Good health to you all. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggested fix to the ff / rw scan malfunction issue. It worked on first try resetting the system. Best of health to you and your family. 

0 Kudos