Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mariee7
Reel Rookie

Re: F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

You’re a genius! Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos
Wiedzmin

Héroe sin capa!!!

You're a Hero!!!

0 Kudos
markdmc
Reel Rookie

F1TV Crashes and Will Not Update to Most Recent Version

F1 TV (v2.0) keeps crashing before it loads and will not update to the most recent version (v2.8) despite using the manual update process, deleting, unplugging the Roku for several minutes, and then re-adding the channel, and even doing a factory reset twice on my Roku Ultra.  After the second factory reset I unplugged the Roku for several minutes and rebooted my WiFi system to be certain there was nothing in any cache anywhere on my network.  I'm out of ideas.  Any suggestions would be most welcome.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: F1TV Crashes and Will Not Update to Most Recent Version

@markdmc--

What is your Roku model name and number?  (Roku menu path Settings < System > About will show you)

F1TV says it supports Roku device model numbers 3900 an up.  (Source: https://support.f1.tv/s/article/2022What-platforms-can-I-watch-F1TV-on?language=en_US)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
markdmc
Reel Rookie

Hi @makaiguy 

It's a Roku Ultra 4800X. SW version 10.5.0 build 4208-C2

F1 TV had worked as recently as yesterday so I'm baffled what's gone wrong.

Thank you,

Markdmc

0 Kudos
psyconius
Binge Watcher

Same for me. I Uninstalled it and was able to sign in. Then I renewed subscription and once it took me back to the main content menu it crashed. Now when I open the app it shows the intro for about half a second and crashes. 

I am at a loss and the f1tv support is pretty Meh. 

0 Kudos
psyconius
Binge Watcher

I am not sure why people are happy about a solution that requires logging out of my current Roku account where I have other subscriptions just to get one app working. Roku/f1tv really need to fix this. I have other devices to watch on but my main TV is Roku and it is silly to grab an old Chromecast Ultra to watch it. 

Nproffitt
Binge Watcher

Agree 100%....creating an entirely new account isn't the right answer, that is why I switched to the Firestick for the F1 app. No issues so far on that platform. At least there is a Roku solution for those who have no other choice. It is a shame that companies as sophisticated as F1 and Roku can't figure this out for their customers.

psyconius
Binge Watcher

Yeah I have a firestick on my non 4k TV that is really **bleep**. It does look better than when I had an old Chromecast on it(which now older chromecast will not even successfully cast). The CC ultra looks good on my main TV but it's so superfluous to have it hooked up when it has a Roku app. Even though I have plenty of complaints about the Roku app. So far the Android app appears to let you restart from beginning when something is live. Something the Roku app would not do last season. I was up while the race was still on I'd have to start it and try not to see driver positions and then seriously press back hundreds of times to get to beginning. 

Funnily ebough, the restart at beginning on Android works UNTIL you cast it. Then it just jumps right to live immediately. It's insane to me that they can't hire developers that can optimize their app on all platforms. 

I really hope they resolve this for first GP weekend. At latest before my first month is up. I may just have to find other avenues to watch races if not. 

Anyway. Mostly just bumping this thread more 😂

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

F1 TV may have issued an update that broke something.  If they are at all on top of things they could be putting out updates to fix it at any time, so keep checking for updates.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.