Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Excessive buffering watching FOX News Channel

Checking through some different methods and online stream sources, the Fox News Live Stream itself does appear to be working fine.

If receiving issues through YoutubeTV, does appear will have to wait until resolved by the provider.  Hopefully  @JustTobey can provide an update when resolved as indicated in his link to YoutubeTV twitter posting https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1548161601957535745 that they are aware of an issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

devmrs
Binge Watcher

I first noticed it while watching The Five recorded in my library. It kept skipping ahead during the show. The entire show only lasted 43 minutes. I switched to FNC Live and lots of buffering.  I am missing about 15 min of The Five. I texted Youtube and they said their engineers were working on it.  On Monday, neither Jesse Watters nor Gutfeld even got recorded. Non FNC channels were just fine.

0 Kudos
SABarb
Channel Surfer

The freezing, buffering on mine doesn't start until somewhere in between  5-6......about time a lot of folks get home and start to watch the news and continues on from there. Odd, it is only Fox News.

0 Kudos
SCBiker58
Reel Rookie

I loaded the Fox News app, used the code and so far so good. IMHO it’s being done by YouTube due to it’s how the left works silence a opinion they disagree with. Pretty sad we live in a country that is allowed to do this. 

SABarb
Channel Surfer

Do you even have to open You Tube Live TV if you are using the Fox News App?

0 Kudos
Sasha59
Reel Rookie

Yes, I have been having a buffering problem with Fox News on YouTube TV for 3 days now. Every few seconds it freezes and at times jumps to other channels. Totally frustrated. Called Fox (888) 369-4762 and left a message to let them know I believe YouTube TV is messing with them since no problems when watching other channels on YouTube TV, and other providers like Sling and Fubo don't have this issue with Fox News. In the meantime, I downloaded the Fox News app and can watch shows with no issue, even casting from my phone to the tv. So at least we have a workaround until the issue is resolved. Ready to dump YouTube TV and go elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Well after my previous posts on this thread, I’m beginning to concur that the issue might be with the YouTube TV channel itself, and have discovered that I should not have argued on this thread to begin with.  This forum is to help Roku users, and not to argue, and yet on some posts I did the opposite… 

Let’s not argue on this thread anymore, and let’s be kind and helpful.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Mar202

I had same problem with Sling only with  fox channel also about a month ago. Now having buffering problem with YouTube TV only on fox.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Mar202 

It’s honestly kind of confusing who’s fault it is for the issue.  I’ve previously assumed that this issue was Fox’s fault, as Fox is the one that owns the Fox News channel, and now I’m beginning to think that it’s the fault of certain apps/channels that carry the channel.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
SCBiker58
Reel Rookie

@SABarb No, just go down to the Fox News app

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.