Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisar670
Channel Surfer

Error launching Max app "We were unable to switch profiles"

Issue 1 - Starting a couple days ago, I cannot launch Max on any of my Roku streaming sticks (Model 3810x - Roku Streaming Stick+). When the app is selected, it starts up then error page shows "We were unable to switch profiles. Please try again. Something went wrong. Let's try again!". I am able to open Max app with no problem on my phone and Mac so this is clearly a Roku issue

Issue 2 - within the last couple of days I am being logged out of all other apps like Hulu and Prime Video and must log in every time I want to watch

Issue 3 - again starting within the past few days Hulu app will log out while watching and force me to log in again and again.

Info for Max issue:

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial number: YHOOHL579736 (21315H579736)

Software version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-50

GC version: 10.6.34

Timestamp: 2024-02-01T11:40:34Z

issue ID 36-045-340

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error launching Max app "We were unable to switch profiles"

Hi @Lisar670,

We appreciate you letting us know about your login issues on channels on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• Are you currently subscribed to those channels?
  • Have you tried signing out and signing back in with your credentials with the Max Channel?
  • Have you tried restarting the system to see if it fixes the issue?
  • Is it okay for you to resort to factory resetting your Roku device?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lisar670
Channel Surfer

Answer to all of your questions is yes. Nothing fixes the issue. The issue is with the latest Roku update (12.5.5). There are many other users reporting the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lisar670,

We appreciate you providing all these details here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

On the other hand, we want to clarify if all of your Roku devices are affected by the second and third issues mentioned above, where all other apps force you to log out and log in every time you want to stream. If not, please provide information about the affected Roku device.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lisar670
Channel Surfer

Yes, all of my Roku devices were updated to version 12.5.5 so all have the same 3 issues noted in original post. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the response, @Lisar670

Thanks for providing the additional information to clarify the questions we have asked regarding the issue you've encountered. We'll make sure to provide an update to the appropriate Roku team who are investigating this issue further.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
coreybryant
Channel Surfer

Having the same issues on 4802X - Roku Ultra with multiple shows / movies (Chuck, Barbie, etc).  Chuck streamed the first two seasons then generated that error.

Signed into the Max app on an Xfinity / Comcast box, both shows streamed.

Some movies and TV shows do not even show up on the Max app / Roku device but show up on the Max app / Xfinity device.

0 Kudos