Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Couldn't load because can't be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

@NVV 

If your device was relatively new and/or you Factory Reset it, that might qualify.

Otherwise, you can always try the chat/email:  

https://support.roku.com/contactus     (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
Theram
Reel Rookie

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

The issue is NOT resolved by using any of the steps you mentioned.  I can't believe you seriously want so much information.  And how am I supposed to get a screenshot?  Since you own the servers, can't you get all this information instead?  Do you not track who is and who is not using your service, and can you not see when errors occur?  Its really quite simple, your service used to work, now it doesn't, and nothing has changed on my end.  Can't you fix it?

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sutomlin wrote:

Thank you!  I hadn't tried the screensaver / theme idea before - and for some crazy reason, that's what helped restore "The Roku Channel" for me!

Yes, it seems "crazy" and "unlikely" and "bizarre" until you realize the interrelationship of the apps/OS modules usage of the limited 512MB for the low memory models (the memory handling efficiencies are "covered up" on the 1GB+ models), which is probably not something the average user will do.

I discovered this issue in the past 2-3 years and it has gotten worse/more noticeable as the OS/middleware/apps increase in size.

Roku hasnt noticed or cared enough to fix it (even now they claim its "resolved" when it isnt), despite the YT/YTTV (and other apps) loading issue have occurred repeatedly before over the past few years, and increasingly with each new OS version etc, and despite having been directly informed (as much as one can through chat/email).

Regardless, I'm glad it worked/works for you and others, and perhaps Rokus second or third attempt at fixing it will actually do so with the required firmware upgrade.

Until then, if it happens again, try the same process.

0 Kudos
Sutomlin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Really?  I've had my Roku for 5 or 6 years now and this is the first time a channel hasn't loaded.  What a bummer you've been having issues! That must be annoying. I hope yours gets fixed soon.

By the way, do you like YTTV? I'm in Canada so we don't get it here... is it cool?

0 Kudos
Mbrown46

Jump to solution

Mine went out at same time. Same issues tried everting you suggested nothing still won’t contact to Router. That was 18 hrs ago. 

0 Kudos
Brendaw

Re: This did not fix the issue- Resolved Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel"

Jump to solution

I have an onn roku TV and having same issue...it will play the movie for a few minutes,  then go to home screen. It has done it on multiple channels I have also manually checked for updates for the past Two days, says all software up to date , and still can't watch TV. Internet connection is good....help

0 Kudos
upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku Model 3910RW Roku Express

Serial number YG00CR483072

Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-51

This issue is still happening for me. Started on 9/18 at about 12:00am at least that's when I noticed it. Every channel on my roku gives me the same error "Can't run channel becuase it could not be reinstalled from the network."

Hulu Version 6.50 build 0

Prime Version 12.0 build 2021090212

HBO Max Version 5013 build 3

Showtime Anytime Version 2.18 build 26

Starz Versoin 3.15 build 45

AMC+ Version 1.0 build 14

I have manually checked for updates several times and restarted the roku several times. The issue persists. 

Please help.

Thank you.

upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku Model 3910RW Roku Express

Serial number YG00CR483072

Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-51

This issue is still happening for me. Started on 9/18 at about 12:00am at least that's when I noticed it. Every channel on my roku gives me the same error "Can't run channel becuase it could not be reinstalled from the network."

Hulu Version 6.50 build 0

Prime Version 12.0 build 2021090212

HBO Max Version 5013 build 3

Showtime Anytime Version 2.18 build 26

Starz Versoin 3.15 build 45

AMC+ Version 1.0 build 14

I have manually checked for updates several times and restarted the roku several times. The issue persists. 

Please help.

Thank you.

TBE1996

Jump to solution

On day 4 of not being able to use most channels with Roku. Mine went out around 8:30 pm est on Monday. I have went through every recommended step each day. After the factory reset on Thursday, I was able to load Netflix. At this point, I’m ready to never use any type of Roku ever again. Extremely frustrated. I can actually get into accounts and see shows to select, but when attempting to load, I get error codes. I don’t have YTTV, and typically only use Netflix. Disney+, Hulu, and Prime. Is there’s an eta on how soon these will be resolved , or do I need to move on with another streaming method?

BobE555
Reel Rookie

Re: This did not fix the issue- Resolved Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel"

Jump to solution

I have the same problem (with YouTube only) and it only happens on the oldest of my Roku voice remotes.  The problem appears on:  Model 3931X as listed on the device (or 3931RM on the System screen display) Express+ and lists the software version as 10.0.0 Build 4209-AE.  The Device ID is So12298RHR1J.

The properly working unit is:  Model 3944X Express 4K+ and lists software version as 10.01 Build 4180-CR.  The Device ID isS07P514LP9FN.

I realize this is not a solution (for either of us) but it does indicate the problem lies with Roku and the software.  My bad device also, like you, shows that the software is up to date, although clearly it is not.

Maybe this will help you (and eventually me) in resolving this problem with Roku.

0 Kudos